About DRIVE-Learn-Remote access with OpenGL support settings

I am trying to set up referring to this URL (https://developer.nvidia.com/drive/learn/tutorial-remoteOGL), but log in to Xavier using ssh from Host PC and use $ sudo apt-get Do you want to run install x11 vnc xrdp? Or do you put this command in Host PC?

Dear s18,

Could you please explain more detail about your topic?
Because I’m not sure what the problem you’re having.
Did you have a problem installing this part sudo apt-get install x11vnc xrdp on the DriveAGX? Thanks.

Enter the command $ sudo apt-get install x11vnc xrdp in Xavier?

I can not do the following steps.

Dear s18,

Is the board connected to the Internet?
I can install x11vnc xrdp on my DriveAGX without any error with same command like below.

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install x11vnc xrdp
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  apt-clone archdetect-deb dmeventd dmraid dpkg-repack gir1.2-timezonemap-1.0 gir1.2-xkl-1.0 kpartx kpartx-boot libappstream3
  libdebian-installer4 libdevmapper-event1.02.1 libdmraid1.0.0.rc16 liblockfile-bin liblockfile1 liblvm2app2.2 liblvm2cmd2.02
  libparted-fs-resize0 libreadline5 lockfile-progs lvm2 os-prober pmount python3-icu python3-pam rdate ubiquity-casper
  ubiquity-ubuntu-artwork
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following additional packages will be installed:
  libvncserver1 vnc4server x11vnc-data xbase-clients
Suggested packages:
  vnc-java x11-xfs-utils
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libvncserver1 vnc4server x11vnc x11vnc-data xbase-clients xrdp
0 upgraded, 6 newly installed, 0 to remove and 693 not upgraded.
Need to get 3,074 kB of archives.
After this operation, 10.5 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y

I connected an Ethernet cable to channel A using Dual GbE Dongle HSD Cable but I can not connect to the Internet.

The result is as follows.

nvidia @ tegra-ubuntu: ~ $ sudo apt-get install x11 vnc xrdp
Reading package lists … Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information … Done
E: Unable to locate package x11vnc
E: Unable to locate package xrdp

I can’t get a reply.
Please tell me the solution

Dear s18,

After connecting to the Internet, could you please follow the instructions above installation way and re-check it? Thanks.

I am not sure if this will help but the only way I got this work was to add

sudo systemctl start x11vnc

after
sudo systemctl enable x11vnc.service
sudo systemctl daemon-reload

Which is a step that is not listed in that tutorial after that it all worked for me.

Oh Yeah sorry , another thing , I had to do sudo apt-get update to get the X11vn install to work!

Perhaps you are connected to the Internet, but the proxy settings and Xavier time are January 2017, so even if you try to use Chromium, it will be displayed and the search is not possible.

I tried again but the result was the same.
nvidia @ tegra-ubuntu: ~ $ sudo apt-get install x11 vnc xrdp
Reading package lists … Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information … Done
E: Unable to locate package x11vnc
E: Unable to locate package xrdp

I tried servanti’s command.
$ sudo systemctl start x11vnc
Failed to start x11vnc.service: Unit x11vnc.service not found.

The result was as above.

Can I set the network and time in the Xavier proxy environment?

Dear s18,

If your environment is under proxy, please can find out how to set proxy setting in Linux(ubuntu) on the internet.
This is the link for proxy setting in Linux I found on the internet. Thanks.

After adding the proxy to ~ / .bashrc with reference to the URL that you gave me, it became as follows.

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install x11vnc xrdp
Building dependency tree                                                        
  apt-clone archdetect-deb dmeventd dmraid dpkg-repack gir1.2-timezonemap-1.0   
  gir1.2-xkl-1.0 kpartx kpartx-boot libappstream3 libdebian-installer4          
  libdevmapper-event1.02.1 libdmraid1.0.0.rc16 liblockfile-bin liblockfile1     
  liblvm2app2.2 liblvm2cmd2.02 libparted-fs-resize0 libreadline5                
  lockfile-progs lvm2 os-prober pmount python3-icu python3-pam rdate            
  ubiquity-casper ubiquity-ubuntu-artwork                                       
The following additional packages will be installed:                            
  libvncserver1 vnc4server x11vnc-data xbase-clients                            
Suggested packages:                                                             
  vnc-java x11-xfs-utils                                                        
The following NEW packages will be installed:                                   
  libvncserver1 vnc4server x11vnc x11vnc-data xbase-clients xrdp                
0 upgraded, 6 newly installed, 0 to remove and 699 not upgraded.                
Need to get 3,074 kB of archives.                                               
After this operation, 10.5 MB of additional disk space will be used.            
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y

However, Xavier’s date setting (returning to the original setting even if automatic update is selected) cannot be updated and the net cannot be used.

I’ve done the steps here, but I can’t do the Homework part.

I tried homework with minicom from the host PC, but now it looks like this. Is there a solution?

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install rdesktop                            
Building dependency tree                                                        
rdesktop is already the newest version (1.8.3-1).                               
  apt-clone archdetect-deb dmeventd dmraid dpkg-repack gir1.2-timezonemap-1.0   
  gir1.2-xkl-1.0 kpartx kpartx-boot libappstream3 libdebian-installer4          
  libdevmapper-event1.02.1 libdmraid1.0.0.rc16 liblockfile-bin liblockfile1     
  liblvm2app2.2 liblvm2cmd2.02 libparted-fs-resize0 libreadline5                
  lockfile-progs lvm2 os-prober pmount python3-icu python3-pam rdate            
  ubiquity-casper ubiquity-ubuntu-artwork                                       
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 694 not upgraded.

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~$ cd /usr/local/driveworks/bin/                            
nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:/usr/local/driveworks/bin$ ./sample_drivenet                
WindowGLFW: Failed initialize GLFW                                              
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::exception'                 
  what():  std::exception                                                       
Aborted (core dumped)

Dear s18,

Did you use rdesktop on hostpc to connect to DriveAGX and run sample_drivenet? Thanks.
I think the error is not related with rdesktop setting. Thanks.

Installed rdesktop on the host PC.
Does that mean you won’t use a minicom connection after that?

Dear s18,

You don’t need minicom connection for DriveAGX for rdesktop application. Thanks.

Another remote access guidance. FYI!