AGX Orin setup Riva & Docker

I’m new to Nvidia devices. I have a Jetson AGX Orin dev kit. Installing Ubuntu was easy enough, but I’m having problems setting up the dev environment.

I installed JetPack:
sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade
sudo reboot
sudo apt install nvidia-jetpack

The SDK I need to run is Riva. I’ve downloaded the Riva files. When I run riva_init.sh, I get errors stating docker is missing.

I’ve tried installing docker using the deployment guide, but when I run the command:
sudo apt-get install -y docker-ce docker-ce-cli containerd.io
I get the following errors:

Package docker-ce is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
docker-ce-cli:amd64
E: Package ‘docker-ce’ has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package docker-ce-cli
E: Unable to locate package containerd.io
E: Couldn’t find any package by glob ‘containerd.io
E: Couldn’t find any package by regex ‘containerd.io

Any help on the proper steps to get Riva and Docker properly setup and running would be greatly appreciated.

I’m not familiarwith Riva SDK, will forward this issue to internal team to have suggestions.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @lshoell

Apologies for the delay

Will check with the internal team regarding your docker installation failure and update

Thanks

Hi @lshoell

Apologies on the delay

I have updates from the internal team

>> I have a Jetson AGX Orin dev kit. Installing Ubuntu was easy enough

From this comment, it seems that you are installing a generic Ubuntu release image. But for Jetson, we need to use the L4T BSP image which is provided with Jetpack.

We request to follow the instructions here to setup Orin Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit User Guide - Two Ways to Set Up Software | NVIDIA Developer - “Optional Flow with Host Linux PC” section mentions the steps to install L4T BSP image that needs to be used. The user should install Jetpack 5.1 L4T image and SDK components. After installing the Jetpack successfully, the user needs to follow Riva quick start guide Quick Start Guide — NVIDIA Riva instructions.

Please try the above and let us know if it helps

Thanks