AGX Xavier Stucks at Boot Screen

• Hardware Platform: Jetson AGX Xavier (32GB)
• JetPack Version: 4.6.4
• TensorRT Version: 8.2.1
• CUDA Version: 10.2
• Bazel Version : 4.2.1
• OpenCV Version : 4.1.1
• Tensorflow Version : 2.7.0
• gcc and g++ Versions : 8.4.0 and 7.5.0

Hello,

I have been using a Jetson AGX Xavier for some time. Today, after locking the Jetson, when trying to enter the password, I saw that I could enter nothing to the text field. So, I have tried to reboot the device. But, as I have rebooted, It stuck at the boot screen as you can see here:

After trying the command:

systemctl status apport-autoreport.service

I got such an output:

I have two gcc and g++ versions installed 7.5.0 and 8.4.0. Currently used version g++ and gcc binaries does point to is 8.4.0. When using ls inside /usr/lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/8 directory I can see libgcc_s.so file listed in white color. On the other hand, when using ls inside /usr/lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/7 directory I can see libgcc_s.so file listed in red color. But, I couldn’t find a file named libgcc_s.so.1.

Could you offer your guidance and advice please?

Kindest regards.

The library should be located as /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1, and should be a real file instead of a symbolic link. Is it there?

It isn’t there. Could you provide libgcc_s.so.1 for gcc 7.5.0 and 8.4.0 (the gcc and g++ version I am using) please?

Kindest regards.

I don’t know how you ruined the system…
You should be able to get these files on the Internet.

I no matter how much time I have ever tried to find the library on internet, I couldn’t find them. That’s why I am asking if you could offer your assistance on the issue. Also, I didn’t removed or ereased that library from /lib/aarch64-linux-gnu. That is the thing makes it unexpected.

Does it work if you manually copy the file back to /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/ from /usr/lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/7/ or /usr/lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/8/?

When I checked the /usr/lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/7/ it didn’t change anything and when I tried to use /usr/lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/8/ one, It gave me errors about ELFs being different.

Is this the one you need?
It’s a dependency of gcc-7 so I think it should work.
libgcc_s.so.1 (78.3 KB)

Thank you so much. the file you have provided have solved the issue and now, the device can boot up, open the logging screen and I am able to enter the password.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.