all gui apps low fps when mouse is inactive X.org 1.20.7 RTX2080TI

All GUI apps are have noticeable skips (text waits for 1s estimated for example to be updated, gifs play 1 frame every second etc) if I am not constantly moving my mouse.

Also while OBS application is open even without any sources configured and with a black window the effect is the same as moving the mouse. If OBS is minimized the skips come back.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NoenUjyKaz4HmSllQk0HGMOnEHvlua5a
nvidia dbg.zip (1.2 MB)

I fixed it by running nvidia-settings and changed ForceFullCompositionPipeline but also saved xorg.conf which was missing

It sounds like G-SYNC is active when it shouldn’t be. Normally, an application profile disables G-SYNC for desktop window managers such as GNOME, but maybe it isn’t being applied properly for some reason.

Normally, nvidia-bug-report.sh would include the application profiles on your system, but I don’t see them in there. Do you have any files matching the pattern /usr/share/nvidia/nvidia-application-profiles-*-rc and if so, could you please attach them?

No they are missing!

Looks like I will have to make a patch… I’m going to go code exploring, could you make my journey shorter by telling me where your drivers look for /usr/share/nvidia/nvidia-application-profiles-*-rc, and if its feasible for a patch or if we will be having to repatch for every driver update?

nevermind I got it.

cat /usr/local/bin/nvidia-bug-report.sh | grep application
        append_file_or_dir_silent "$DIR/.nv/nvidia-application-profiles-rc"
        append_file_or_dir_silent "$DIR/.nv/nvidia-application-profiles-rc.backup"
        append_file_or_dir_silent "$DIR/.nv/nvidia-application-profiles-rc.d"
        append_file_or_dir_silent "$DIR/.nv/nvidia-application-profiles-rc.d.backup"
        append_silent "$DIR/.nv/nvidia-application-profile-globals-rc"
        append_silent "$DIR/.nv/nvidia-application-profile-globals-rc.backup"
append_file_or_dir_silent "/etc/nvidia/nvidia-application-profiles-rc"
append_file_or_dir_silent "/etc/nvidia/nvidia-application-profiles-rc.d"
append_file_or_dir_silent /usr/share/nvidia/nvidia-application-profiles-*-rc