Announcing Jetson TX2 NX

We are excited to introduce Jetson TX2 NX, the newest Jetson TX2 series module!

This smaller, lower-cost version of Jetson TX2 is ideal for creating mass-market AI products. It provides up to 2.5X the performance of Jetson Nano, and shares form-factor and pin compatibility with Jetson Nano and Jetson Xavier NX.

High-level features and specifications

• NVIDIA Pascal architecture with 256 NVIDIA CUDA cores
  • Dual-core NVIDIA Denver 2 64-bit CPU and quad-core Arm® Cortex®-A57 MPCore processor complex
  • 4 GB 128-bit LPDDR4
  • 16 GB eMMC 5.1
  • 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet
  • 260-pin SODIMM edge connector, 70x45mm
  • 7.5W and 15W modes, 5V input

Availability

The Jetson TX2 NX module is available now for $149 in volume.

Software

JetPack 4.5.1 is a developer preview release available now for Jetson TX2 NX. It includes support for using the Jetson TX2 NX module with the Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit carrier board.

Note: There is no heatsink included with Jetson TX2 NX module. As with other production Jetson modules, customers are responsible to determine the appropriate thermal solution for their use case. Please see the thermal design guide in the list of module documentation below for details.

JetPack 4.6 is the production software release for Jetson TX2 NX, with expected availability in June.

Module Documentation

For more details, please refer to the following documentation in the Jetson Download Center:

1 Like

Hello,
maybe a dump question but is this module compatible with the Jetson Nano 4GB Carrier Board (B02)?

Comparing the PINs looking quite similar to me on first sight.

is this module compatible with the Jetson Nano 4GB Carrier Board (B02)?

There is no plan to support using Jetson TX2 NX with the Nano devkit carrier board.

Comparing the PINs looking quite similar to me on first sight.

True, and pin-compatibility is an important feature for OEMs who already have a Jetson Nano based product. They can support the new module as a “next step” upgrade with their existing carrier board via BSP changes.

NVIDIA supports development with Jetson TX2 NX on the Jetson Xavier NX devkit carrier board. That reference carrier board is a great way for mass-market OEMs to start development with Jetson TX2 NX while preparing their own custom carrier board.

For hobbyists, we feel the Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit at $399 offers a compelling alternative as-is. Jetson Xavier NX has 20X the performance of Jetson Nano, and the devkit includes Wi-Fi, a power supply, and an NVMe connector.

2 Likes

This is really good news!

Hi

When will the pinmux sheet for this module be available?
Thank you.

Hi

Is TX2 NX adaption guide ready?
How to get it?

Thank you,

TX2 NX adaption guide will be ready at next JetPack release.

Thanks

The Jetson TX2 NX Pinmux was published March 19.

Would like to know when the devkit will be avaliable?
Becuase 2 lane mipi is not enough for higher resolution and frame rate, will NV have plan to support 4 lane MIPI on devkit?

Hi hsienwu,

There is only TX2 NX module, not entire devkit.

Hi, I would like to know if JetPack 4.6 and its related SDK/BSP are ready to be released ?

JetPack 4.6 will be release at the end of July, when Jetson AGX Xavier Industrial begins shipping.

JetPack 4.5.1 is a developer preview release available now for Jetson TX2 NX. It includes support for using the Jetson TX2 NX module with the Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit carrier board.

If I mount the Jetson TX2 NX on the Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit carrier board, what storage device should I use to boot it up? While the Xavier has a slot for an SD card, I can’t seem to find one on the Jetson TX2 NX