ArticulationView Joint Effort is still None

In the release notes, I notices that a feature is added:

“omni.isaac.core
Added articulationView API functions to get the commanded and computed joint efforts.”

And in the API documentation, there is an updated function called “get_applied_joint_efforts” as well as a argument named “enable_dof_force_sensors”.

I set the enable_dof_force_sensors to True, but function “get_applied_joint_efforts” output the following errors (I tested in velocity and effort mode):

2023-01-01 08:52:29 [28,468ms] [Error] [omni.physx.plugin] PhysX error: PxScene::copyArticulationData, specified data is write only., FILE /buildAgent/work/f25a4639a4b1bdc1/source/physx/src/NpScene.cpp, LINE 3830
tensor([[0., 0., 0., 0., 0., 0., 0., 0., 0., 0., 0., 0., 0., 0., 0., 0., 0., 0., 0., 0.]],
device=‘cuda:0’)

I also tried the function “get_applied_actions().joint_efforts”, but the output is still None as the previous discussion: ArticulationView: joint_efforts in ArticulationActions is always None.

Is this a bug or should I do something else to correctly get the torque information?

@kellyg hi I have the same issue. Is this a bug? It seems that get_applied_joint_efforts in the view class is not callable. Thanks!

This will be fixed in our upcoming release. Its a known bug.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.