Audio2Face Only work on UE "PIE" mode,can not mork on "Standalone" mode or Packaged game

UE version:5.3
Audio2Face version:2023.2.0
The situation is that in UE “PIE” mode, Audio2Face works fine, audio and facial animation are displayed normally in the UE editor, but nothing happens in UE “standalone” mode or packaged game, it looks like there is no Any information received.

I know there are similar solutions to this situation in the documentation, but I followed the steps and it didn’t resolve the issue, or nothing changed. Are there any steps missing from the document? Your help is greatly needed.
https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/audio2face/latest/user-manual/livelink-ue-plugin.html#apply-live-link-preset-to-metahuman-blueprint

From my experience, it appears that the name of the LiveLinkPreset name should be as short as possible and without special characters… ideally, something like “LLPreset” and that’s it. Otherwise, there are situations where the preset does not load

Chris

Hello,

Next Tip - For LiveLink to work correctly in the build, it’s necessary to set the correct Unicast Endpoint address in ProjectSettings / Plugins UDP Messaging / Unicast Endpoint… If there are several network adapters in the system, you need to specify the IP address of the network card that receives LiveLink data… otherwise, data will not be received. The default setting of 0.0.0.0:0 is incorrect

Chris

1 Like

Next Tip - If the Unreal Engine editor with a project is open and additionally, a compiled project is launched for testing, LiveLink will not start on this compiled project because the communication ports are already blocked by the open editor. Everything must be closed and only the compiled project should be launched.

Chris

anymore tips ?

Next Tip - If you want to use Unreal Engine 5.3 and Audio2Face simultaneously on the same computer, forget about RTX 3080 or lower versions… For everything to work correctly and to avoid glitches in audio playback, freezing, you need to equip yourself with an RTX series 4. Ideally, an RTX 4080 or 4090. Having previously had a 3080, I experienced performance hiccups if the character had hair …

Next Tip - if you have a wife or husband, take a break from the computer from time to time and at least load the dishes into the dishwasher :)

4 Likes