Black screen after installing Nvidia-driver 460.80 on RHEL 8.4

Hi,
I am not able to enter GUI after installing the Nvidia driver on ML 350 gen 10 server with Redhat Linux 8.4. I have followed the steps described in the below URL

Somehow the command “systemctl isolate graphical.target” entering into a black screen and cursor blinks at the top left corner.

Note that I found that there are two VGA controllers on my server(see the following output of the command lspci)

$ lspci -vnn | grep VGA
01:00.1 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Matrox Electronics Systems Ltd. MGA G200eH3 [102b:0538] (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: Hewlett Packard Enterprise iLO5 VGA [1590:00e4]
5c:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GP107GL [Quadro P1000] [10de:1cb1] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
$

may be this is causing problem but i don’t know how to rectify this.

Kindly suggest.

Hi,
I have the same problem after upgrade redhat from 8.3 to 8.4. and try to reinstall Nvidia driver to latest version 460.73.01 issue persists. the Server is DL380 Gen10 with Nvidia Tesla v100. Did you found the cause?

Did you try use hmdi instead of display port. There is a but envolving displayport that causes that exact issue.

Did you try use hmdi instead of display port. There is a but envolving displayport that causes that exact issue

Hi,
Tesla v100 hasn’t DP and HDMI port. I use HPE iLO remote console to check a screen, it only shows the screen when I run level 3 on the Redhat CLI if run level 5 is a black screen.