Boot time reduce on NX

Hello, I have two questions:

1. We are a camera project, the kernel (about 6s) and the boot service enter login in 15s, my goal is to reduce the boot time at least 4s, how should I configure it?
  2. I did some kernel configuration, some reference to the l4t kernel boot reduction configuration, as follows: 1. Some of them are adapted by themselves, as follows. 2. Is there any problem with this adaptation? Is plugin management necessary?
    Thank you very much

# CONFIG_PINCTRL_MAX77620 is not set
# CONFIG_SND_SOC_TEGRA_ALT is not set
# CONFIG_SND_SOC_TEGRA_T186REF_ALT is not set
# CONFIG_DEBUG_KMEMLEAK is not set
# CONFIG_FUNCTION_TRACER is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_QSPI_FLASH is not set
# CONFIG_QSPI_TEGRA210 is not set
# CONFIG_OF_PLUGIN_MANAGER is not set
# CONFIG_TEGRA_COMBINED_UART is not set

If I want to reduce the startup time of the boot service, which services should I remove?

Hi Tiger_HxH,

Are you using the devkit or custom board?
What’s your Jetpack version in use?

To reduce the boot time, you could disable the functions which are not necessary for you project. It’s a good option to start from kernel configuration.

It seems plugin-manager is not necessary for Xavier NX.

We use a custom board, but the core board is the same as the kit.
Jetson_Linux_R32.7.2

What modules can I cut from the kernel? At present, I have also removed some functions of sound and display. The kernel startup time has reached about 6s, I don’t know what else can be cut

We have the doc for kernel boot time optimization.
Kernel Customization - Kernel Boot Time Optimization

You could try to enable timestamp in the serial console log first, and check the log of every module.
It depends on what you want to use for your project.

I try to keep doing this. Also, what is the boot service that the camera doesn’t need? I used “systemd-analyze plot > boot.svg” command to check that the boot-service took about 12s, how should I cut it during this time?
boot_20230302_0937

You could just disable the service which is dominant taking the boot time.
Sorry that I could not list and review every services for you. Please try to remove them one-by-one. If every function of your camera work fine, then it would be fine to remove that service.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.