Bugs/Errors When Trying to Flash Drive AGX Xavier Using SDK Manager on Host-PC

Here’s my following info:
Hardware Platform: [DRIVE AGX Xavier™ Developer Kit]
Software Version: [DRIVE Software 9]
Host Machine Version: [Ubuntu 18.04]
SDK Manager Version: [Example: 1.3.1.7110]

Hello,

I am currently going through the steps to flash my target system (Drive AGX Xavier) and upon “Step 3” which is Setup Process, I get an error about Docker and this ultimately leads to the flashing process failing. I am trying to accomplish flashing my target system to Ubuntu 18.04 with Drive Software 10.

The error is as follows:

INFO: Drive Platform Targetfs: start to download...
Drive Platform Targetfs: ERROR: The docker failed to properly install the components
Error response from daemon: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: dial tcp 23.22.155.84:443: connect: connection refused.
ERROR: Drive Platform Targetfs: [error]: : [exec_command]: /bin/bash -c /tmp/tmp_NV_DRIVE_PLATFORM_RFS_TARGET_COMP.sh;
[error]:
ERROR: Drive Platform Targetfs: command terminated with error
SUMMARY: Drive Platform Targetfs: Failed to execute commands with GenericInstaller
Drive Platform Targetfs: W: Target Sources (restricted/sources/Sources) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list:7
Drive Platform Targetfs: Reading package lists...
Drive Platform Targetfs: Unable to find image 'hello-world:latest' locally
Drive Platform Targetfs: Sending build context to Docker daemon 54.22kb

As you can see there is a bunch of errors with docker and some warnings and thus the installation failed in SDK manager on the host-PC. Please provide any assistance. Thank you!

Cordially,
Brendan Sting

I should also mention that error log is from several runs in the SDK manager on the host-PC. The “…” are just extra lines in the log about dependency trees, building, and other installing of packages and libs (filler info).

Cordially,
Brendan Sting

Hi @stin7931,

Could you export debug Logs in SDK Manager and provide them for our analysis?
But I highly suspect “sudo apt update” doesn’t work on your host system even before running SDK Manager. Could you try?

Should be DRIVE Software 10, right?

Hello @VickNV,

Thank you for the quick response! I have just exported the logs and will send them here shortly. I tried running the “sudo apt update” and it worked but with 622 packages that are upgradable along with giving warnings about “Target sources(restricted/source/Sources) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:2 and /etc/apt/sources.list:7.”

As for the Software version of Software 9, that is the software we have on the Drive AGX Xavier currently. We are trying to get it to Software 10 at the moment.

Look out for the debug logs, I will be sending them here shortly!

Cordially,
Brendan Sting

Hello @VickNV,

I have logged onto my host-PC and am sending you the logs here. It should be attached below. Thanks!

Cordially,
Brendan Sting
SDKM_logs_DRIVE_Software_10.0_(rev.2)_Linux_for_DRIVE_AGX_Developer_Kit_2020-12-11_11-26-52.zip (3.0 MB)

Your issue looks same as another topic. Please check my reply (marked as solution) below to manually run the commands to clarify which cause the first problem on your host. Thanks!

I’m guessing “sudo docker run hello-world” is the first failure command on your side. Maybe network is disconnected during installation?

Ok, I will go check out the similar issue and see if that solution works. I’ll get back to you on Monday if it does. Thank you for the feedback!

Cordially,
Brendan Sting

Hey @VickNV,

I decided to stay a little late at work and it seems the solution provided by you in the other forum didn’t work; the installation still failed. I did as directed with copying your code into the prerequisite_check.sh file that was in the tar.gz file.

Also, our network is connected and working as we tested it with Google Chromium on our host-PC.

Can you offer any additional suggestions for a fix?

Cordially,
Brendan Sting

The post isn’t a solution. I just shared the user what commands were actually run by SDK Manager and then he ran the commands mannually to clarify the issue on his host system. After that, he marked my post solved his problem.

Have you tried to run “sudo docker run hello-world” manually?

I can try running it manually on Monday(I thought I did but I can’t recall). Thank you for your help so far and I’ll get back to you with my results on Monday.

Cordially,
Brendan Sting

Hello @VickNV,

So, I am back in the office and I tried running sudo docker run hello-world manually in my host-PC terminal but I got the following error:

Unable to find image 'hello-world:latest' locally
docker: Error response from daemon: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: dial  tcp 35.174.73.84:443: connect:
connection refused.
See 'docker run --help'.

Not sure if there is a connection issue, dependency issue, or version issue but it seems we are still getting the connection refused feedback. I checked and we are able to access the internet via Google Chrome and using YouTube on the host-PC. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Cordially,
Brendan Sting

This looks a docker issue instead of an nvidia issue.
Please try if reinstalling helps by below commands:

sudo apt purge docker-ce docker-ce-cli
sudo apt install docker-ce docker-ce-cli
sudo docker run hello-world

Or you may have to internet search if others encounter the same issue and how they fix it. Thanks!

Hello @VickNV,

We just tried reinstalling like you said and it did not work. We still got the same error. I will take my issue to the internet and see if I can try and find a guide to help us fix this docker issue. Thank you for your help!

Cordially,
Brendan Sting

1 Like

Hello @VickNV,

We fixed one of the docker errors by installing it manually with debian. However, we are getting new errors and wondering if you could help with them. Here are the following errors in SDK Manager that we just encountered:

INFO: Drive Platform Targetfs: E: Packages were downgraded and -y was used without --allow-downgrades
INFO: Drive Platform Targetfs: Hello from Docker!
INFO: Drive Platform Targetfs: ---> Running in 9e832d6c727f
INFO: Drive Platform Targetfs: Cannot initiate the connection to archive.ubuntu.com:80 (2001:67c:1360:8001::23). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) Cannot initiate the connection to archive.ubuntu.com:80 (2001:67c:1360:8001::24). - connect (101: Network is unreachable)
INFO: Drive Platform Targetfs: [Package Install Finished with Error]

I will provide the logs from the run in SDK Manager soon here if you would also like to take a look at those. Please provide any assistance, thank you.

Cordially,
Brendan Sting

Hello @VickNV,

Here are the NEW SDK Manager logs from the host-PC (attached below):
SDKM_logs_DRIVE_Software_10.0_(rev.2)_Linux_for_DRIVE_AGX_Developer_Kit_2020-12-15_09-17-36.zip (3.6 MB)

Cordially,
Brendan Sting

Hello @VickNV,

I fixed the remaining errors by using Wifi instead of ethernet. However, now it seems the host-PC can’t find the USB that connects for flashing through SDK manager. I am fairly certain I set it up right. Any help on this?

Cordially,
Brendan Sting

Please make sure connect to “Debug” port. Please check Setting Up the E3550 Platform for the details.

Hello @VickNV,

Thank you so much! It was plugged in wrong to “Reserved” instead of “Debug” where it should be. We successfully flashed the AGX to Ubuntu 18.04 but it seems very empty. Barely any folders and I do not see Driveworks or Drive software on it. Is there any way to quickly check Drive software version through the terminal?

Cordially,
Brendan Sting