Building NvMedia Samples

Hi

I’m trying to build the NvMedia samples myself, but I’m not able to. Looks like the documentation and sources are outdated. I’m following the instructions here:

https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/drive_os_5.1.9.0L/nvvib_docs/index.html#page/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_Development_Guide%2FNvMedia%2Fnvmedia_building_running.html%23wwconnect_header

Right away I get the following:

NV_WINSYS=wayland make
Makefile:9: ../../../make/nvdefs.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '../../../make/nvdefs.mk'.  Stop.

Indeed nvdefs.mk is nowhere in my host installation. Besides that, I cannot find any NvMedia header (nvmedia_core.h, nvmedia_ipp.h, etc…). Im mostly interested right now in the ipp_raw example, which the prebuilt binary works okay.

Here’s some environment info:

cat /opt/nvidia/sdkmanager/version
v2.0.12
ls /home/ridgerun/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/
DRIVE_Software_9.0_Linux_hyperion  DRIVE_Software_9.0_Linux_hyperion_E3550
cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=16.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=xenial
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS"

Am I missing something?

Hi michael_gruner,

May I know which platform your using using? If you have access for NVonling to get the DRIVE OS 5.1.9.0, could you contact with our region NVIDIA support team?

I’m using the Drive AGX Xavier. At the moment, I do not have access to nvonline, I downloaded DRIVE OS via sdkmanager with the devtalk account.

Is it possible to provide a tarball with the newest sources with everything I need to build them myself?

Dear michael_gruner,
Please confirm if you have flashed DRIVE SW 9.0 via SDKManager or DRIVE OS 5.1.9? DRIVE OS 5.1.9 is provided via NVONLINE account.
I have DRIVE SW 9.0 on my machine.
I could see nvmedia_core.h at

<HOME>/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_9.0_Linux_hyperion_E3550/DriveSDK/drive-t186ref-linux/include/

nvdefs.mk at

<HOME>/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_9.0_Linux_hyperion_E3550/DriveSDK/drive-t186ref-linux/make/

I could compile the IPP_raw sample like below.

$cd ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_9.0_Linux_hyperion_E3550/DriveSDK/drive-
t186ref-linux/samples/nvmedia/ipp_raw/
$export NV_WINSYS=wayland
$make

Thanks, it looks like my installation was corrupted. I did a fresh install and everything looks as expected.