Nvidia_sdk folder contains only empty folders

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
[V] DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
[V] NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
[V] Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
[V] NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
[V] 1.6.1.8175
other

Host Machine Version
[V] native Ubuntu 18.04
other

I installed DRIVE OS 5.2.0 and then DRIVE software 10.0 rev 2.
Good: Folder “/usr/local/driveworks” was indeed created, and I can build the samples for x86.
Bad: Folder “/home/user/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_OS_5.2.0_SDK_Linux_OS” and folder “/home/user/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS” were also created but they are empty, have no files or folders in them.
I need files that should be located in those folders so I can compile the driveworks examples for arm ( target ).
Here are the logs of the SDK manager.
LogsForNvidia-5.10.21.tar.gz (337.7 KB)
Any ideas why those folders are empty?

Hi @Sunny127,

In some logs, I saw it uninstalled the SDK after installed it.
Did you intend to remove it? Which SDK do you need? DRIVE OS 5.2.0 or DRIVE Software 10?
For host components, you can only pick one of them.

Hi @VickNV , until now, I used “DRIVE software 10.0 rev 2” to compile the driveworks samples to be run on the host PC ( x86 ) . However, I now need to compile the driveworks samples so I can run them on target ( arm ). How should I do it?

Please refer to dwx_samples_building_V5L.html under /usr/local/driveworks/doc/.

Yea, I am aware of this link, it says I need to install “DRIVE OS 5.2.0”, but until now I used “DRIVE software 10.0 rev 2” to get the samples folder created and to build them. And you say that “DRIVE OS 5.2.0” and “DRIVE software 10.0 rev 2” can’t be installed together.

1. So I should uninstall “DRIVE software 10.0 rev 2” and install “DRIVE OS 5.2.0” instead?
  2. Will the driveworks samples source code still remain after I uninstall “DRIVE software 10.0 rev 2” and install “DRIVE OS 5.2.0” instead? Will I still be able to build the driveworks samples for x86, or only for arm?

Yes

DRIVE Software 10 includes DriveWorks 2.2.
DRIVE OS 5.2.2 is compatible to DriveWorks 3.5. Please take a look at “DRIVE OS and DriveWorks 5.2.0” in https://developer.nvidia.com/drive/downloads.
After installing DRIVE OS 5.2.0 with SDK Manager, please refer to DriveWorks 3.5 Installation Guide there to install DriveWorks 3.5.

Hi @VickNV,

Any ideas?

Please provide the output of the below command.
$ ls -l ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk

Please refer to DriveWorks SDK Reference: Cross-Compiling for the NVIDIA DRIVE Platform (Linux) (of DriveWorks 3.5) instead.

@VickNV ,

I now repeated the steps as instructed by https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/driveworks-3.5/dwx_samples_building_V5L.html . Didn’t help.

Here is the output of the command:

user@user-ThinkCentre-M93p:~$ ls -l ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk
total 4
drwxrwxr-x 2 user user 4096 Oct  6 13:16 DRIVE_OS_5.2.0_SDK_Linux_OS
user@user-ThinkCentre-M93p:~$ cd ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_OS_5.2.0_SDK_Linux_OS
user@user-ThinkCentre-M93p:~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_OS_5.2.0_SDK_Linux_OS$ ls -l
total 0
user@user-ThinkCentre-M93p:~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_OS_5.2.0_SDK_Linux_OS$ 

You should have something like ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_OS_5.2.6_SDK_Linux_OSWithSamples_DDPX/.
Was your DRIVE OS 5.2.6 installation successful?

Solved: Although installation of DRIVE OS 5.2.0 was successful, the folders were created but not filled with files. I quick formatted the hard drive and reinstalled ubuntu, repeated all the steps and now the folders are filled with files. Thanks!

Thanks for your sharing back and good to hear you fixed the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.