Cross-compiling dds sample for AGX Xavier : Need of sources + toolchains

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other : 1.9.3.10904

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hello,

In our lab we have a drive AGX Xavier currenty. We are able to run the OpenDDS sample on the Xavier A which is flashed (in the folder /home/drive-t86ref-linux/samples/dds and using the documentation here https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/drive-os-5.2.6.0L/drive-os/index.html#page/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_NGC_Development_Guide/opendds_user_guide_linux.html#wwpID0E0BP0HA ) but we cannot find the sources and toolchain compilation on either the host or the target. Only Drive OS 5.2.6 is installed on the target, not drivesoftware.

When checking with the SDKmanager and selecting th host machine, i can see that the part : “Developper Tools” and “CMAKE Build utility” are installed on the host machine.

If i look at this documentation ( https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/archive/5.1.6.0L/nvvib_docs/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_Development_Guide/baggage/Open_Data_Distribution_for_LNX_User_Guide.pdf ), both on the target and host i do not find any “drive-oss-src” at the top level and on the target the “drive-t186ref-linux” folder only has a “sample” folder in it.

Must i flash drive os software 10.0 on top of drive os 5.2.6 on the target ?

I am currently looking at the drivework 4.0 document but there don’t seems to be a DDS example in it ( DriveWorks SDK Reference: Samples ) (trying to install drivework 4.0 as this message is posted)

Dear @alexis.guilloteau,
Could you share the screen shot listing the packages to be installed on sdkmanager when host is selected?

Have you installed DRIVE OS 5.2.6+ DW 4.0 on host already? If so, what are the contents you see under DRIVE OS 5.2.6 installed folder?

Here is the listing on the host :

CUDA and CUDA-XAI failed to install. DW 4.0 can be installed but the “hello world” example does (DriveWorks SDK Reference: Verify Your Installation) not work because of missing CUDA libraries (libcudart.so.10.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory). I think it is failing to install because the current machine i am using is not equipped with a GPU but this might also be because i try to execute it on the host and not the target…

I have a spare machine with a Nvidia T1000, which seems to be turing family, i need to prepare a Ubuntu 18.04 OS on it on a new SSD to see if this will work on it.

I just found on the host machine an “drive-oss-src” folder but in another path “/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_OS_5.2.6_SDK_Linux_OSWithSamples_DRIVE_AGX_XAVIER/DRIVEOS/drive-oss-src” which seems to have sources in it for the dds examples. Now to find how to cross compile it for the drive AGX…

Getting closer to having this work but not right there now…

Dear @alexis.guilloteau,
There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

Does this issue still need support?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.