Script for SF3325, nvmimg_cc

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hello. I am new to the Xavier platform. I was wondering if the script example provided on https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/drive-os-5.2.6.0L/drive-os/index.html#page/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_NGC_Development_Guide/NvMedia/nvmedia_nvmimg_cc.html#
would work for SF3325, the one that is included in the Xavier Hardware Kit. If not, any idea/help of getting a script that would work for it? Doesnt matter if it is already created somewhere or i would have to create it myself

NvMedia ICP APIs are deprecated in DRIVE OS 5.2.0. Instead, we recommend using SIPL sample applications such as the SIPL Camera (nvsipl_camera).

I see. My main intentions were to somehow get the pointer that contains the pixels of a frame (preferably in raw format) so that i could do image processing on them, however i have met some difficulties like i ve written a frame from m_rawImageBufs (in CComposite.cpp) to pgm format but got static image. Then tried out to save the output using the FileWriter class but i am unable to play the video with any other media player, so i wanted to see any other possibility to get my hands on the raw data (i ve realized there is no source code for this app, after i ve posted this topic)

Please refer to the ‘-f’ command line switch mentioned in the ‘nvsipl_camera’ document section and see if it helps with your use cases.

Also, the source code is under /drive/drive-t186ref-linux/samples/nvmedia/nvsipl/test/camera/ within the docker container.

That is where i first started, but got no luck so far, but have to admit, I’m new to all this so please, bear with me. However, i would like to ask about the Surface structs defined in nvmedia_image.h (NVIDIA DRIVE OS Linux SDK API Reference: NvMediaImageSurface Struct Reference | NVIDIA Docs) (NVIDIA DRIVE OS Linux SDK API Reference: NvMediaImageSurfaceMap Struct Reference | NVIDIA Docs). If you could explain or point me to a guide/documentation that tells me how to interpret all those variables and also, if the variables mapping and metadata do contain the image pixels

I recommend cross-referencing the implementation in CFileWriter.hpp of the nvsipl_camera sample application. This file and others may provide insights into how these structs are utilized.

Thanks. Appearently, i was looking in the wrong direction. Since i wanted to access a pointer that has the image in grayscale, i realized that rather using the raw format, i should have worked with the yuv format. By accessing the surface of index 0, i was able to access the image in grayscale

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.