Cannot flash OS image to Orin Developer Kit via SDK Manager

I cannot flash OS image to Orin Developer Kit via SDK Manager.
SDK Manager says device is not in recovery mode. But lsusb shows following result:
Bus 001 Device 052: ID 0955:7023 NVIDIA Corp. APX

The environment information:
Ubuntu: 18.04.6
SDK Manager: 1.8.1.10392

What is wrong?

The log is below.
03:05:49 ERROR: Can not find matching device in recovery mode.
03:06:29 ERROR: Flash Jetson AGX Orin - flash: [ 0.2225 ] ERROR: failed to read rcm_state
03:06:32 ERROR: Flash Jetson AGX Orin - flash: [ 6.8076 ] ERROR: /misc/axi_ap_virtual_client is not supported
03:06:32 ERROR: Flash Jetson AGX Orin - flash: [ 6.8239 ] ERROR: /misc/axi_ap_virtual_client is not supported
03:06:32 ERROR: Flash Jetson AGX Orin - flash: [ 6.8361 ] Error: Skip generating mem_bct because sdram_config is not defined
03:06:32 ERROR: Flash Jetson AGX Orin - flash: [ 6.8362 ] Error: Skip generating mem_bct because sdram_config is not defined
03:06:35 ERROR: Flash Jetson AGX Orin - flash: ā€” Error: Reading board information failed.
03:06:35 ERROR: Flash Jetson AGX Orin - flash: command terminated with error
03:06:35 SUMMARY: Flash Jetson AGX Orin - flash: First Error: Installation failed.

Did your host machine ever flash any kind of jetson device before?
Is your host machine a VM/VB?
How about directly running flash.sh to flash? What will the script tell?

Hi, @kayccc ,
Thank you for your answering. My host machine havenā€™t flashed jetson device. It is running on docker.
I tried running flash.sh to flash, but failed to flash. The script says ā€˜File rcm_state open failedā€™ and ā€˜ERROR: failed to read rcm_state.ā€™ I attached script log.
log.txt (11.2 KB)

So you follow the instruciton from Docker Images :: NVIDIA SDK Manager Documentation to install the SDK manger, right?

@kayccc ,
Yes. I followed the instruction to install the SDK Manager.

If you donā€™t run on docker but directly flash with native ubuntu 18.04, will it work?

Hi, @WayneWWW ,
I ran flash.sh on native ubuntu 20.04, but failed to flash. The script shows that ā€œFile rcm_state open failed.ā€ I attach the log file.
log2.txt (9.6 KB)

Hi,

Could you also enable the uart log on the jetson and dump the log during flash?

Please

1. Connect the micro usb cable to Orin

2. Check /dev/ttyACM0 node is on your host side or not

3. If (2) is okay, use minicom or picocom to open this node with baud rate =115200.

You can boot up the board first, not matter the board can boot up into OS or not, there should be some logs printed.

Hi, @WayneWWW ,
I ran command: ā€œsudo minicom -D /dev/ttyACM0 -b 115200ā€. Then I got attached logs while flashing.
log_minicom.txt (4.8 KB)

Hi,

Looks like this is same issue as Orin SOM can't flash with Orin Devkit CVB neither custom CVB?

This board needs to use next Jetpack release to flash.

Hi, @WayneWWW ,
When will ā€˜next Jetpackā€™ be released?

Hi,

Sorry to do some further check here. Does the log you just dumped right come out after the flash.sh command running on host side?

I mean, is the uart printing new log after you press flash.sh command from host or not?

Also, please share the lsusb result on your host after you put device into recovery mode.

Hi, @WayneWWW ,
I got the log log_minicom.txt after I executed 'sudo ./flash.sh jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1
ā€™ on a host. The host was native Ubuntu 20.04 machine.
The lsusb showed the following result:
ā€˜Bus 001 Device 012: ID 0955:7023 NVIDIA Corp. APXā€™
This is shown in log2.txt above.

Hi,

Thew new release will be ready recently. Before it releases, I would like to check

1. Is your host side log always telling you ā€œusb write timeoutā€ error? or there are other kind of logs?

2. Does the uart log always show to stuck in same place when host shows error? Or it would vary?

3. Is your host machine able to flash other jetson devices ? (e.g jetson NX/AGX Xavier/Nano)

Hi, @WayneWWW ,
I flashed Jetson Orin again. I attach minicom and flash logs.
The command lsusb shows ā€œBus 001 Device 008: ID 0955:7023 NVIDIA Corp. APXā€.

1. This time the flash.sh (host) log didnā€™t say ā€œERROR: might be timeout in USB writeā€.

2. The minicom (uart) log showed the same messages as the last time (log_minicom.txt). It stucked in the same place.

3. I havenā€™t flashed other jetson devices on this host machine before.

log220803_flash_ubuntu2004.txt (12.0 KB)
log220803_minicom.txt (4.9 KB)

Can you just boot up your Orin device and share me the uart log? Please be aware that I mean boot up, not recovery mode or flash.

Hi, @WayneWWW ,
Yes, I can boot up my Orin device. I attached the uarg log file on booting up.
The command lsusb showed ā€œBus 001 Device 011: ID 0955:7020 NVIDIA Corp. L4T (Linux for Tegra) running on Tegraā€.
log220803_uart_bootup.txt (70.6 KB)

Your log is truncated in each line. Please try to dump full log.

Hi, @WayneWWW ,
I dumped full log.
log220803_minicom_bootup2.txt (78.4 KB)