Cannot install isaac sim

Hello. I got an error while installing Isaac Sim on my computer. After few minutes of downloading and installing, it failed to be installed with an following error message.

‘’’
Error occurred during installation of Isaac Sim: Command failed: “/home/minu/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2022.2.1/omni.isaac.sim.post.install.sh” >“/home/minu/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2022.2.1”/omni.isaac.sim.post.install.log
error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× Getting requirements to build wheel did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> [1 lines of output]
error in gym setup command: ‘extras_require’ must be a dictionary whose values are strings or lists of strings containing valid project/version requirement specifiers.
[end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× Getting requirements to build wheel did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> See above for output.

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.

[notice] A new release of pip is available: 23.1.1 → 23.1.2
[notice] To update, run: /home/minu/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2022.2.1/kit/python/bin/python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip
‘’’

I also found that ‘isaac-sim-2022.2.1’ wasn’t installed in ‘/home/minu/.local/share/ov/pkg’.
Can I get some help? Thanks.

Hi @cmw9903 - The error message suggests that there is an issue with the ‘extras_require’ field in the setup.py file of the gym package. This field should be a dictionary where the values are either strings or lists of strings containing valid project/version requirement specifiers.

Here are a few things you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Update pip: The error message also suggests that a new version of pip is available. You can update pip using the command provided in the error message: /home/minu/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2022.2.1/kit/python/bin/python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip
  2. Check gym package: If the error persists, check the setup.py file of the gym package. Make sure that the ‘extras_require’ field is correctly formatted. If you’re not sure how to do this, you might want to consider reinstalling the gym package.
  3. Reinstall Isaac Sim: If none of the above solutions work, try reinstalling Isaac Sim. Before you do this, make sure to completely remove any previous installations of Isaac Sim from your system.