Clone AGX Xavier JP4.3

Hello,

I would like to make a clone of my AGX Xavier jetson which uses Jetpack 4.3 But not having access to the original host pc I am looking for a way to get this version of Jetpack containing the corresponding L4T.
I can’t find it on the developer website which redirect me to sdk manager where i only have access to 5.0.1 and 5.0.2.
How can I get it ?

Thanks !

If you use the most recent 5.0.2, but start this way, then it might make available what you want:
sdkmanager --archivedversions

The URL which lists actual releases by version:
https://developer.nvidia.com/linux-tegra

I don’t know if 4.3 was recent enough to have made its way into “--archivedversions”, but if not, then the above URL should do the job. If “--archivedversions” works, then I’d recommend that.

Thank for your reply !

i’ve tryed sdkmanager --archivedversions but i’m not sure i understand how to use it.

Anyway, i can find the good version of what i search in the link you sent (v32.3.1), but i don’t really understand what i have to download on the corresponding page ? https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/l4t-3231-archive

Maybe it would help if i clarify the context. I try to reproduce what you already described in this post : https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/any-fast-way-for-cloning-agx-xavier/183398/2?u=martin.morand

but i don’t have the Linux_for_Tegra of my version of AGX Xavier’s JetPack version (4.3). So i try to get it.

sdkmanager is a frontend to the GUI flash software, meaning it can retrieve content over the Internet, and install or run software. That includes the flash software after logging in to the developer login (not partner). I’m not sure at which point SDKM triggers copy of content to the host PC, but when it does, it will be located at:
~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack...version.../Linux_for_Tegra/

Does there exist a directory like this with the R32.3.1 version? If so, then there is a file/program called “flash.sh” in the “Linux_for_Tegra/” subdirectory. Whereas the names JetPack and SDK Manager refer to the front end software, “flash.sh” is an actual “driver package” (“flash”) script and can be used for cloning or flashing (flashing without the GUI).

Note that in step 2 of SDKM you can uncheck everything except “Jetson OS”, and within that, you can uncheck “Flash Jetson OS”. If only “Jetson OS image” is active, and if the subdirectory “Linux_for_Tegra/” does not exist, then I think this will add the content you need. Is that the part you are looking for?

Okay, I understood what you were saying in this case. The problem is that as I said in my first post on the sdkmanager application I only have access to versions 5.0.1 and 5.0.2… I will add that I can also see up to version 4.5 but they are unselectable.
This is the oldest version available. The 4.4 and the one before are not proposed.

I tried to install the 5.0.2 version and work with that, but the folder structure has changed compared to JP4.3. Especially the position of the image. I am afraid to make an unreadable image containing an image of a system under JP4.3 with a structure of JP5.0

Maybe I’m expressing myself badly so i’m sorry for that…

It’s been since last thursday I’m looking for L4T folder of the correct version and i can’t find it on sdkmanager nor on the internet so i don’t know where to search for it…

What do you see from:

find ~/nvidia -type d -name 'Linux_for_Tegra' 2>/dev/null

It return me this :

/home/twigabecomp/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra

The L4T folder is then “/home/twigabecomp/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra”. You can abbreviate the home directory with “~”, and so you can:

cd ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra

That is the location of flash.sh. When flashing, the rootfs is generated from “Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/” content after some slight edits. In your case, this is a 5.0.2 JetPack release. Since a similar location did not show up with a “4.3” in it, then only the 5.2 version is installed. If those versions are grayed out in the SDKM GUI, then this would be something NVIDIA needs to answer (I don’t know why it would be grayed out with “--archivedversions”, unless perhaps your host PC is Ubuntu 20.04 and so it does not allow 4.x releases).

Thank you for your help, maybe the problem come frome my Ubuntu version. I’ll wait for someone from Nvidia to see if i can resolve that without downgrading Ubuntu !

You can use command line to flash or clone from most any Linux release. Using SDK Manager requires specific Ubuntu releases.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.