Clone Jetson Nano Image and install an other Jetson

Hello,

is it possible to clone a Jetson Nano 4GB B01 that is operated without SD card.

For example, I have installed a Jetson with all the necessary programs and files. So that it is easier to install other identical Jetson. Therefore the question, how can I create a complete image and install on another. Be it with SDk Manager or otherwise.

Looking forward to feedback

See also: How to clone Jetson Nano SD Card? - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson Nano - NVIDIA Developer Forums

Unfortunately, it does not explain how to clone a Jetson with an internal memory. As explained, the Jetson does not have an SD card.

If you’ve ever flashed you will have a “~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack...version.../Linux_for_Tegra/” directory. Within that is “flash.sh”.

The basic clone command for anything with eMMC is:
sudo ./flash.sh -r -k APP -G my_backup.img <model> mmcblk0p1

The model is something you will see in the form of .conf files, minus the “.conf” itself, found with “ls *.conf” (many are just symbolic links to some basic model). An example which is probably correct for your case:
sudo ./flash.sh -r -k APP -G my_backup.img jetson-nano-emmc mmcblk0p1
(I don’t know if clone has a variation for 4GB, but you can probably just use the above)

This would create two clones: A raw clone, my_backup.img.raw, which is the exact size of the entire rootfs partition, plus a sparse clone, my_backup.img. Raw clones can be examined, edited, and used for flash by renaming them system.img and placing at Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/system.img. Sparse clones can be used for flash by placing them as the same file name, but they cannot be edited or examined (they flash faster though since they are smaller). Keep in mind that if the eMMC is 16 GB, then the raw file, all by itself is about 16 GB; the sparse file is many GB on top of this (if just the base o/s is installed, then likely the sparse file is about 2 GB, while a filled filesystem approaches the full partition size). You need to be sure you have a lot of spare disk space before you start a clone, and do expect it to take significant time. Use a quality USB cable, not a charger cable.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.