Compiling FFMpeg with nvenc on Windows - Need Help Following the Guide

Hi, all, I’d appreciate help to finish following the guide on compiling FFmpeg with nvenc on Windows?

Here’s what I need help with:

There’s the instruction that says: “copy all the header files from C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v8.0\include” (to the nv_sdk folder you said to create earlier in this step) - I installed the latest CUDA toolkit at the time of writing this (v11.6 AFAIK), and I also installed everything (CUDA development, the documentation and the samples) in non-default locations. My issue is that I don’t what’s the updated to this include folder, nor what are the header files. Can someone please tell me what’s that path and how I can identify those files?

There’s another instruction to copy “library files from C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v8.0\lib\x64 to nv_sdk folder” - the closest directory I have path-wise is C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v11.6 but it contains only a directory named extras. In my install folder of the CUDA Development, there is a directory named lib - is this the one I’m supposed to copy the library files from? Also, which ones am I supposed to copy? It has library files for x64 and x86 (the latter in a child directory called Win32- I assume that I need the x64 libraries since I want to compile a 64-bit version of FFmpeg but I just want to make sure.

Later on, there’s an instruction to, in the MinGW64 environment, export to the PATH environment variables the following paths:
export PATH="/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0/VC/BIN/amd64/":$PATH
export PATH="/c/Program Files/NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit/CUDA/v8.0/bin/":$PATH

I’m trying to use Visual Studio 2022 Community (in the guide you give instructions for Visual Studio 2013 SP2, and I couldn’t find a 64-bit version of that to download). Can someone please tell me the path of the equivalent amd64 directory for Visual Studio 2022 Community is, and the same for the latest toolkit’s bin directory is? I’m pretty sure I know where it is but I just want to make sure. Also, don’t forget I installed CUDA Development not in the default location.

In my very small experience it pays to use the exact version of software they specify, if possible. Get it working with CUDA v8.0 first, then try putting the latest and greatest into place.

I don’t know if you chose to install all possible components when installing the CUDA toolkit. Sometimes portions aren’t included by default to save space if you don’t explicitly install everything. Just rerunning the setup should let you modify the installation. But as I said above…I’d also try to grab the version listed as working in the directions.

If you can only find a 32 bit version of the older Visual Studio then I’d use that 32 bit version. Again, trying to match up what truly was known to work before you modify things you don’t already understand well.

I’d offer more specific instructions if I had them. You didn’t choose an easy project to learn from here. I’ve tried something similar in the past and gave up on it. There was a reason they weren’t already using the updated libraries, or toolchain, or whatever it was I’d been messing with. But poking around is how we all learn :D. Good luck!

Just use this. GPL x64 build shared. GitHub - BtbN/FFmpeg-Builds