Create crashes when enabling WebRTC streaming

Hello,

sinces 2021.3.2 I cannot enable the webrtc streaming. As soon as I enable the extension the whole process freezes and does not came back to live…

What can I do to find out what´s wrong?

Thanks

Carl

Hi @c.bickmeier!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with WebRTC streaming.

Would it be possible for you to share the logs from a Create session which you enable the Extension, so we can look for clues as to what may be happening?

For reference, the location where logs are stored on your machine can be accessed by clicking on the folder icon in the Console tab:

Thank you!

Hi @psawicki,

I`ve updated Create to do 2021.3.3. Now I can enable the the Webrtc extension.

But when opening the url (localhost:8111/streaming/webrtc-client, the create windows is resized but nothing more happens (the streaming does not start). The Url is changed to: http://172.31.128.1:8111/streaming/webrtc-demo/?server=172.31.128.1

This is the console output

I’ll private message you the whole log file

Carl

I have the same problem, either getting the same problem as c.bickmeier, i.e. 0x800B0000 error or “Stream Server: Net Stream Creation failed”. Websocket streaming seems to work, although it’s very sluggish.

Hi @jakubwardyn! I pinged the dev team about your post.

Would be able to share your logs with us?

@WendyGram @psawicki Simply enabling “livestream webrtc backend” on Create 2021.3.5 causes 3 errors to appear in the console. I’m attaching the full logs, with these 3 errors at the bottom.kit_20210928_101731.log (1.3 MB)

Hi @jakubwardyn!

Thank you for your patience…can you please confirm if you are still experiencing this issue?

Cheers,
Edmar

P.S. We are constantly adding new tutorials and aggregate them all in the “learn” tab on the launcher (also see: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-omniverse-tutorials). Also, please consider registering for GTC!

he / him | LinkedIn | Discord ID: Prof E#2041
Omniverse: “A New Era of Collaboration and Simulation” (video)
Omniverse Create’s latest features show & tell: Twitch livestream.
As seen in VentureBeat | Physics Showcase

Omniverse Resources:
Open Beta | Documentation | Tech Requirements | Videos | Roadmap | Twitter | Discord | Twitch

PLEASE NOTE: If you are reporting a bug/issue, please provide OS, GPU, GPU Driver, the version of the app, and full log file (if applicable). For crashes, please zip and provide a link to your logs → C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs

Definitely yes!

It does not crash… just prints out 3 errors on the console (see first post)

Thanks for confirming, @c.bickmeier - we’re still actively investigating and hope to have a fix soon.

Hi

This issue still persists on multiple configurations for me:

However, the error does NOT persist when I use ./runheadless.webrtc.sh:

Can you send me the full log so I can see it ? Have you tried WebRTC “normally” without a docker ?

Also this is the thread page for Composer, not Issac Sim

I have same issue of webrtc runing in docker with issac-sim 2023.1.1.

Just curious but why are you running a docker ? What it is it your workflow that prevents you from running the app in full ?

@varun.sampat Have you tried commenting out the omni.kit.livestream.native if you enable webrtc in livestream.py?

# Note: Only one livestream extension can be enabled at a time
# Enable Native Livestream extension
# Default App: Streaming Client from the Omniverse Launcher
#enable_extension("omni.kit.livestream.native")

@Sheikh_Dawood : yes I have tried commenting out omni.kit.livestream.native. The screenshots attached above correspond to that scenario.

@Richard3D I have tried this on BOTH a docker deployment and a local deployment. In both scenarios I am getting the same error. (Only attempted local deployment on Windows). So yes, I have tried WebRTC “normally” and that does not affect the outcome. (i.e. standalone_examples/api/omni.isaac.kit/livestream.py does NOT work, but ./runheadless.webrtc.sh works

I have attached the logs for Windows + Local Deployment:
log.txt (22.3 KB)

Ok we will look at the logs. Can you confirm what versions of all software you are using. You are streaming from where to where, and with what apps and versions ?

@Richard3D

I am running a docker container on Ubuntu with 2023.1.1. I am running the aforementioned script on the docker container, and streaming it on my local webbrowser. Before Just to confirm, when I am running the docker container, I have set --network=host. So there should be no concerns with respect to port issues. Furthermore because on the same docker container, when I run ./runheadless.webrtc.sh livestreaming works, but when I run standalone_examples/api/omni.isaac.kit/livestream.py it doesn’t work.

I have ALSO run into the same scenario while running 2023.1.1 on Windows (locally). I am running the standalone script through command line and even here I am getting the same error. Hope that clarifies your doubt. Even here, when I run ./runheadless.webrtc.sh livestreaming works, but when I run standalone_examples/api/omni.isaac.kit/livestream.py it doesn’t work.

OK the issue may be running an old version. You are running 2023.1.1. You need to be updating to 2023.2.5

What? Is there an IsaacSim version 2023.2.5? I can only see 2023.2.1:
https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/isaacsim/latest/release_notes.html

This is a composer thread. I was saying 2023.2.5 for USD Composer. But there is a 2023.1.1 for Issac Sim