CSI Camera Issue

When I try to use a CSI camera, LI-IMX219-MIPI-FF-NANO-HI136 V1.3, the error message “Could not read image from camera.” is displayed, although camera connection is confirmed.
The version of Oven CV is 4.1.1. And when using USB camera, there are no problems.
Would you please advise the root cause and preventive action? Thank you for your support.

You may try this and tell more.

Seems you don’t have a X server available. If the Jetson has a local monitor but no X server running, you may try instead:

gst-launch-1.0 -v nvarguscamerasrc ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=640, height=480, framerate=30/1' ! nvoverlaysink

If the jetson is headless, you would need to connect with ssh -X or -Y for X forwarding from a host having a X server.

Dear Honey_Patouceul

Thank you for your comment. The following are displayed.

Setting pipeline to PAUSED …
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL …
Setting pipeline to PLAYING …
New clock: GstSystemClock
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstNvArgusCameraSrc:nvarguscamerasrc0.GstPad:src: caps = video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)640, height=(int)480, format=(string)NV12, framerate=(fraction)30/1
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstCapsFilter:capsfilter0.GstPad:src: caps = video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)640, height=(int)480, format=(string)NV12, framerate=(fraction)30/1
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstNvOverlaySink-nvoverlaysink:nvoverlaysink-nvoverlaysink0.GstPad:sink: caps = video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)640, height=(int)480, format=(string)NV12, framerate=(fraction)30/1
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstCapsFilter:capsfilter0.GstPad:sink: caps = video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)640, height=(int)480, format=(string)NV12, framerate=(fraction)30/1
Error generated. /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/multimedia/nvgstreamer/gst-nvarguscamera/gstnvarguscamerasrc.cpp, execute:645 No cameras available

(gst-launch-1.0:14031): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: 09:27:04.444: gst_mini_object_set_qdata: assertion ‘object != NULL’ failed
Got EOS from element “pipeline0”.
Execution ended after 0:00:00.208869586
Setting pipeline to PAUSED …
Setting pipeline to READY …
Setting pipeline to NULL …
Freeing pipeline …

Your any feedback will be highly appreciated.
Best Regards.

As you are using a Leopard Imaging camera, there might be a SDK to be installed with driver.
I have no experience with LI camera, maybe @SimonZhu can clarify.

Below message tell the device tree configure have problem to load correct sensor driver.
I would suggest consult to Leopard to get the driver and dtb for this sensor board.

Error generated. /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/multimedia/nvgstreamer/gst-nvarguscamera/gstnvarguscamerasrc.cpp, execute:645 No cameras available

The following is the driver recommended by Leopard. Would you please advise which directory should I install the driver into?

Check the dts context by dump the device tree at run time to confirm the tegra-camera-platform{} is correct.

sudo dtc -I fs -O dts -o extracted_proc.dts /proc/device-tree

Thank you for your comment. Could you please supplement the background of your advice? Sorry I am not sure how to react unfortunately. Should I describe your command to get further information? Thank you for your advice.

The dtc command can dump the device tree as extracted_proc.dts and you can check the tegra_camera_platform{} to confirm the context is correct or not.

Hi tykmorikawa,

Sorry for the trouble. I assume you are using the Jetson Nano Developer kit with two MIPI connectors. Actually, the original Nvidia driver should support IMX219 camera directly. You can download the drivers (OS image) from link below and flash it to Nano.
L4T | NVIDIA Developer

Please do not use the 20190426 driver which is for an old version of Nano Devkit which includes only one MIPI connectors.