CSI-Camera is not found on the Jetson Nano

I have got a Raspberry Pi CSI-Camera (v1.3), I plug it in, but the Jetson Nano does not seem to pick up on it:

$ v4l2-ctl --list-formats-ext
Failed to open /dev/video0: No such file or directory

and

$ gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=3820, height=2464, framerate=21/1, format=NV12' ! nvvidconv flip-method=0 ! 'video/x-raw,width=960, height=616' ! nvvidconv ! nvegltransform ! nveglglessink -e
Using winsys: x11 
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Got context from element 'eglglessink0': gst.egl.EGLDisplay=context, display=(GstEGLDisplay)NULL;
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
Error generated. /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/multimedia/nvgstreamer/gst-nvarguscamera/gstnvarguscamerasrc.cpp, execute:532 No cameras available
Got EOS from element "pipeline0".
Execution ended after 0:00:00.258276347
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

I tested the camera on a Raspberry Pi, and it works. Ribbon is facing the correct way and it is plugged in nicely. The contacts do not have any visible damage.

I am a bit lost her. The docu makes it seem like it should be plug and play.

Hi johannes_dob, see here for information pertaining to driver for rPI camera v1 (OV5647) -

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1059086/jetson-nano/jetson-nano-with-pi-cam-v1-omnivision-ov5647-does-not-work/post/5369768/#5369768

Support for the rPI camera v2 (IMX219) is built into JetPack, so that version works out of the box.

Okay, will try. I used the latest Jetson Nano Developer Kit SD Card Image. Does that mean the driver is not included with that image out of the box? (https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/learn/get-started-jetson-nano-devkit#write)

1 Like

hello johannes_dob,

you may access L4T sources via download center,
you’ll found reference camera drivers as below, we don’t include drivers for OV5647
for example,
l4t-r32.3.1/TX1_Nano/Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/kernel/nvidia/drivers/media/i2c/*

however,
you might also check the supported camera list of Jetson-Nano, that Raspberry Pi Camera v2, which based-on SONY IMX219 was supported.
thanks