Cuda 8.0.61 fails on Windows 10 (Visual Studio 2015 Community)

For some reason (that I can’t remember) I uninstalled CUDA 8 from my PC.

When I’m trying to re-install CUDA, it fails at the “Visual Studio Integration” phase -which I use. After enabling installer logging, I could see:

101.674 |    ERROR: [NVI2.NVInstaller] 1984@CNVInstaller::InternalPerformInstall : Package "visual_studio_integration_8.0" failed with error: Exception {0x8007064c - The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.; File: PerformInstall.cpp; Line: 3949; Phase failure}.

TLDR: the NSight uninstaller disappeared. I confirmed this by going into Windows programs and attempting to uninstall the (apparently not uninstalled) NSight for VS, which indicates something similar. The installer/uninstaller msi file for NSight has disappeared (probably due to CUDA uninstallation).

To avoid this, I tried removing NSight manually. I deleted every relevant entry in the registry (including the Windows Uninstall and Install registry entries for NSight). I deleted every relevant directory. But when I try installing CUDA again, the installer still thinks NSight is installed, so it fails again with a different reason:

83.589 |    ERROR: [NVI2.NVMsiPhase] 826@CNVMsiPhase::InvokePhase : Caught exception Exception {0x80070645 - This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.; File: NVMsiPhase.cpp; Line: 75}.

Which seems to mean I successfully uninstalled NSight, but NVidia installer still thinks it’s necessary to remove it.

What can I do to fix it ? (other than formatting my drive…)

EDIT: my next leads are purging Visual Studio, purging all NVidia-related software and starting again. What a pain ! (PLUS the new NVidia devtalk login system doesn’t work on Firefox…)

Works for me, Firefox 55.0.3 on Windows 7.

(Besides the point, but I think different passwords for developer.nvidia.com and devtalk.nvidia.com may have been mixed with old cookies or other stuff. Turns out the old devtalk login showed up and worked just like before)