Cuda 8.0 bandwidthtest fails, deviceQuery passes, help!

I just installed the CUDA 8.0 package on my windows 8 x64 system. The DeviceQuery test passes, however the bandwidthTest has failed with the following output:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB3721 The command ““C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v8.0\bin\nvcc.exe” -ccbin “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64” -I./ -I…/…/common/inc -I./ -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v8.0/include” -I…/…/common/inc -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v8.0\include" --keep-dir x64\Release -maxrregcount=0 --machine 64 --compile -Xcompiler “/wd 4819” -DWIN32 -DWIN32 -D_MBCS -D_MBCS -Xcompiler “/EHsc /W3 /nologo /O2 /FS /Zi /MT " -o x64/Release/bandwidthTest.cu.obj “C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\CUDA Samples\v8.0\1_Utilities\bandwidthTest\bandwidthTest.cu” -clean” exited with code 1.

I would be very appreciate, if somebody can help me out. Thx:)

Error MSB3721 is merely an indication of a problem, it doesn’t tell you specifically what went wrong. Turn up the verbosity on your VS (visual studio) output so that you see the error from nvcc that triggered the MSB3721. If you’re not sure how to adjust verbosity on your VS, please google that. The exact steps vary based on VS version.

thank you very much for the tip, the new output is:
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB3721 The command ““C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v8.0\bin\nvcc.exe” -gencode=arch=compute_20,code="sm_20,compute_20" -gencode=arch=compute_30,code="sm_30,compute_30" -gencode=arch=compute_35,code="sm_35,compute_35" -gencode=arch=compute_37,code="sm_37,compute_37" -gencode=arch=compute_50,code="sm_50,compute_50" -gencode=arch=compute_52,code="sm_52,compute_52" -gencode=arch=compute_60,code="sm_60,compute_60" --use-local-env --cl-version 2015 -ccbin “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64” -I./ -I…/…/common/inc -I./ -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v8.0/include” -I…/…/common/inc -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v8.0\include" --keep-dir x64\Release -maxrregcount=0 --machine 64 --compile -cudart static -Xcompiler “/wd 4819” -DWIN32 -DWIN32 -D_MBCS -D_MBCS -Xcompiler “/EHsc /W3 /nologo /O2 /FS /Zi /MT " -o x64/Release/bandwidthTest.cu.obj “C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\CUDA Samples\v8.0\1_Utilities\bandwidthTest\bandwidthTest.cu”” exited with code 255.

This isn’t any better.

With high enough verbosity level, prior to the MSB3721 error, there should be an error reported by nvcc.

I have already the highst verbosity level’ diagnostic’ both for the output and log file (I have VS 2015: tools - options - projects and solutions : build and run: MSBuild project build output verbosity, build log file verbosity) and that was the whole output… I am new with Cuda, not familiar with the functions…

thank you very much for your answer and I wish u a happy new year!

the deviceQuery Test hat allerdings past with the following output:
1> 8 ms InitializeBuildStatus 1 calls
1> 9 ms PrepareForBuild 1 calls
1> 11 ms SetCABuildNativeEnvironmentVariables 1 calls
1> 21 ms FinalizeBuildStatus 1 calls
1> 22 ms _CheckForInvalidConfigurationAndPlatform 1 calls
1> 72 ms ClCompile 1 calls
1> 3638 ms Link 1 calls
1>
1>Task Performance Summary:
1> 0 ms SetEnvironmentVariable 1 calls
1> 0 ms Message 3 calls