CUDA and Eclipse compatible versions

Hi
Is there any guide about version compatibility between CUDA and Eclipse? I mean, which versions of Eclipse are supported by CUDA-11.x? I didn’t find such a table in the manuals.

Thanks for your query. At present we do not provide a compatibility table between CUDA and Eclipse in our documentation. For our testing matrix, we typically test against the last version of Eclipse that supports Java v8 (Eclipse 4.16). In addition, we test with Eclipse 4.19, and then the most recent and second-most recent versions of Eclipse that were available during our integration testing. the following table shows our test matrix for all CUDA releases since CUDA 10.2:

Please let us know if we can provide any additional information to help with your query.

Thanks for the table. I have asked a question here. So, it seems that you haven’t test Eclipse 4.26 (2012-12) with cuda 11.6.
I will try to test with 4.21 or 4.20.

This is an interesting post. It seems NVidia is way behind with Eclipse versions. This discussion is over a year old, but current Eclipse is 4.30, the Dec 2023 release. Perhaps that’s is my mistake, I always use the most recent Eclipse version. And then I always get red squiggly lines in my code, along with bug symbols in the symbol column. See screenshot.
Should I try old Eclipses, or is there some setting in the Editor display settings to get this to display correctly? It compiles and runs just fine, it’s just that the code is not understood correctly in the visual editor (red squiggly lines, bug symbols, etc.).
If it compiles and runs fine, the editor shouldn’t complain, or should it?
I always pick the Eclipse for C/C++ development, is that the issue?
Thanks!

The table above was posted when CUDA 12.0 was the most recent release. We’ve published CUDA12.1, 12.2 and 12.3 since then, and have validated our plugins with Eclipse 4.28. What version of CUDA are you using that produces the red squiggly lines?

12.3 update 2, on two computers, both show that problem. Frankly, it has always been that way, ever since CUDA 6, this is nothing new. I always use the latest Eclipse and the latest CUDA toolkit, and I always have this problem. Fedora Linux, LXDM, in case that matters.

Thanks @ParanormalElectron . I can see this also. I will file a internal ticket for our dev to investigate. Any update, I will let you know.

Hi, @ParanormalElectron

Our dev helps to check this issue. The issue we are facing here are from codan [code analyzer] which is inbuilt with eclipse and is always buggy and the code runs just fine as mentioned here in an eclipse bug 383576 – Ability to ignore codan errors on specific lines , the solution that we found to stop this is to update the proprieties settings which is

[select the project > open project menu > properties > c/c++ general > code analysis > launching ] after this you have to select run with build, and deselect run as you type. or you can just uncheck both.

after this you can import the source files and you have to restart the application and all the codan bugs wont be an issue anymore .

For more information on suppressing individual CODAN errors, you can refer to this link: Suppressing Codan Errors

Thank you, that worked if you uncheck both of them. Don’t select run with build, deselect that one too. These false error flags disappeared now.
There are still red squiggly lines in code that is commented out. And that is valid, correct code, just commented out, not buggy code. I have checked that by commenting that code back in, and the red squiggly lines disappeared. So that is not correct, in fact, why does some analyzer even look at code that is commented out? I think that is already a conceptual bug and not doing so might increase performance, because an unnecessary task would not done. But that is not important, I don’t care about false flags in comments.
Thanks!

Thanks for the update ! @ParanormalElectron Good to know the issue is resolved !

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.