Nsight Eclipse can't find CUDA toolkit

Hi,
I installed Nsight Eclipse edition using SDK Manager on Jetpack 4.5, which reported successful installation of all components.
I use a Parallels virtual machine running Unbuntu 18.04.5 LTS.
Night is unable to locate CUDA on either the target nor the host.
The target CUDA toolkit path can be set using the CUDA project wizard, HOWEVER, The Nsight tab in “Window → Preferences” has no fields to be filled in and it complains that “No CUDA compatible device is found on this system”. The (host) local CUDA toolkit path text box is empty.
When I try appending the PATH variable with "export PATH=/usr/local/cuda-10.2/bin{PATH:-:${PATH}}" and verify (/usr/local/cuda-10.2/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin)
on startup the Eclipse splash screen appears, then the work directory dialog appears and then it crashes, complaining that:
“OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option MaxPermSize; support was removed in 8.0
CompileCommand: exclude java/lang/reflect/Array.newInstance
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.eclipse.osgi.storage.FrameworkExtensionInstaller (file:/usr/local/cuda-10.2/libnsight/plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.10.1.v20140909-1633.jar) to method java.net.URLClassLoader.addURL(java.net.URL)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.eclipse.osgi.storage.FrameworkExtensionInstaller
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release”

Adding the LD_LIBRARY_PATH has no effect on any of this.
I looked at a dozen different installation pages for Nsight Eclipse Edition and none seem to address my problem.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Rusty

I found the answer:
Set the PATH and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH as given: export PATH=/usr/local/cuda-10.2/bin{PATH:-:{PATH}} export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda-10.2/lib64${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}}

Then invoke Nsight from a terminal, thus:
nsight -vm /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java

Nsight then knows where CUDA is on both host and target.
Cheers,
Rusty