Deatils Regarding NSIGHT Eclipse version Do not know how to proceed

Hi,
I installed cudatoolkit 4.2, and I’ve got this libnvvp directory in cuda directory, which contains a lot of eclipse files. But I cannot get it to my eclipse helios.
So please suggest some tips to install nsight in eclipse.

Thanks
Ronak

Maybe downloading it directly from this web page is the way to go.

Edit: well, it seems that

But CUDA5 preview doesn’t seems to be available so far. That said, the GTC opening keynotes are in 3:30 hours now, so it might change very soon. In addition, there is a sessions at 4pm entitled “CUDA 5 and beyond” that might give some hints as well.

yeah, yeah, yeah :). Thanks Nvidia. I have been waiting a long time for NSIGHT Eclipse!

There will be a special talk at the GTC:

Ronak,

Nsight Eclipse Edition is a standalone product coming as a part of CUDA toolkit 5.0. It does not require an existing Eclipse installation - you can run it by typing “nsight” in your command prompt.

The files you are seeing in the CUDA Toolkit 4.2 are Visual Profiler (http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-visual-profiler) files. It is also a standalone application (i.e. you don’t need to install it into your Eclipse) and can be ran by typing “nvvp”.

Cuda 5 preview is now available on the developer web site http://developer.nvidia.com/rdp/cuda-registered-developer-program

Hello,

I have just downloaded the new nsight. At a glance it looks handy. However, I face a problem with the debugger.

I was trying to debug the example code that comes with the IDE and when it reaches the fist cuda related command (cudaMalloc in this case) I get the following Message:

{check the attachement}

Coalesing of the CUDA commands output is off. {ok… that’s fine…}

[Thread debuggind using libthread_db enabled]

warning: Can not parse XML OS data; XML support was disabled at compile time [<<<<<<<<<<< how about this line? ]

warning: Error removing breakpoint 0

I just put a break point within the kernel in order to check how can I overview the data on each thred separately

Then the IDE stalls, until I hit the red square.

Any ideas?

This is expected, it’s about the way we built cuda-gdb.

This is not expected… It looks like a problem with the CUDA toolkit or driver install.

Please try the following:

1. Run the debugger until you hit the issue.

2. In the console view header click on an arrow down next to “Blue monitor” icon.

3. Select “${your app} [C/C++ Application] gdb traces”

4. Copy the output to the text file and either attach it here or e-mail to cudatools@nvidia.com

Can you also try command-line cuda-gdb on the same application? IDE uses cuda-gdb behind the scenes so this may help us isolate the issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

[christos@mythinkpad Debug]$ cuda-gdb cuda_eclipse_test1

NVIDIA (R) CUDA Debugger

5.0 release

Portions Copyright (C) 2007-2012 NVIDIA Corporation

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.2

Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.

There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type “show copying”

and “show warranty” for details.

This GDB was configured as “x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu”.

For bug reporting instructions, please see:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/

Reading symbols from /home/christos/cuda-workspace/cuda_eclipse_test1/Debug/cuda_eclipse_test1…done.

(cuda-gdb) r

Starting program: /home/christos/cuda-workspace/cuda_eclipse_test1/Debug/cuda_eclipse_test1

[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]

fatal: All CUDA devices are used for display and cannot be used while debugging. (error code = 24)

Obviously, it’s the same error…

For the record I use Scientific Linux release 6.1 (Carbon)

2.6.32-220.4.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Jan 23 17:20:44 CST 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

My system has optimus, but I deactivated it, since it is not currently supported. I faced a similar problem with ddt-cuda

Thanks in advance
error_log.txt (8.78 KB)

Christos, could you post the output of running lsmod as root and your /etc/X11/xorg.conf if it exists ? Also which laptop and linux distro are you using ?

See the attached files

SL 6.1, thinkpad w520, does it matter?
lsmod.txt (4.09 KB)
Xconf.txt (1.56 KB)

Anyone having any issues with CUDA 5 Production Release not installing the Eclipse Nsight? When I install the package through the installer, it’s seems that the Eclipse package is incomplete.

Nsight Eclipse Edition is available as a part of the CUDA Toolkit 5.0 on Linux and Mac OS X. Windows users can use Nsight Visual Studio edition that is better integrated with Microsoft tools.