Cuda enabled RTX 3060?

Hello,

I couldn’t find any information on whether laptop versions of RTX 3060 will be cuda enabled? As of now, the card is not listed here: https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-GPUs

Will it be in the future?

Thank you!

CUDA does work on all NVIDIA GPUs.

1 Like

Hi, I have NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU, While working with PyTorch I found <>. Please verify me that if the above mentioned GPU isn’t CUDA enabled.

Thanks,

Your GPU is definitely CUDA capable.
I would recommend you ensure you have the latest driver recommended by your laptop manufacturer and if you are still experiencing problems spin up a new thread with details of what you have installed and the error you are experiencing.
Good Luck and welcome to the NVIDIA Developer community.

Hi,
I have installed the latest version of the driver → CUDA Version: 11.6.

I doubt whether my GPU is really working. I have used nvidia-smi command in terminal.
cmd Attached in this link → File sharing and storage made simple

When Heavy program was running the processes GPU is mentioned -0 and moreover GPU memory usage shows NA.
cmd Attached in this link → (File sharing and storage made simple)

Next I tried torch to check the CUDA availability.

link → File sharing and storage made simple

Though in NVIDIA control panel I opted Nvidia GPU as primary Graphics. The system still uses Integrated Graphics card. I tried a lot to change but no hope!

I’m currently working on Deep Neural Networks, As it is a GPU hungry process I definitely need this problem solved… Please Help me :) .

Sounds like you are doing all the right things.
Have you contacted the Laptop manufacturer’s customer support?

I contacted Acer customer support. The GPU is not functioning for specific software like MATLAB, VScode. They confirmed the problem is concerned with Nvidia GPU and the process is going on. I’ll revert back again after authentication of the problem by acer store.

Thanks for letting me know, Sounds like the problem may be specific to your laptop or this model so Acer will be in a position to figure it out - and have access to NVIDIA OEM support.
This thread may close in a few days - since the original question has been answered, feel free to spin up a new one should the problem be generic.
Good Luck.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.