CUDA Toolkit 8.0 for GTX 1080 Ti

Please help with the following problem:
The latest driver doesn’t work.
The CUDA Toolkit 8 installer doesn’t find a compatible device.

It used to work but stupidly I updated the driver to the latest one.

I try to validate the installation but the program “deviceQuery” doesn’t exists in the location:
C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\CUDA Samples\v8.0\bin\win64\Release
that’s my installation folder.

You can use the latest driver with CUDA 8.

It’s true that the toolkit installer has an older driver, just skip that part. (i.e. continue, then deselect driver install…)

And the deviceQuery program (or any other) has to be built first using visual studio.

Thanks!

Actually I work with Tensorflow that requires CUDA 8 and cuDNN 5.1. For some reason Tensorflow doesn’t recognize the GPU. This happens since I upgraded the driver. If the latest driver is fine with CUDA 8 then I don’t know where to look next to find the problem. Any tips?

validate your CUDA install by running nvidia-smi and make sure you get correct output, and running the cuda validation steps described in the linux install guide. If those all work correctly, the problem is with your tensorflow config, not with the GPU or CUDA.

I have the same problem and I cant solve it,

I have the GTX 1080 TI and I need to work on tensorflow windows 10.

Any idea how to solve it?

The driver you have already installed for the 1080 Ti will work with CUDA 8. Deselect the option to install the driver from the CUDA 8 toolkit installer, and click whatever buttons are needed to tell the installer to install anyway, even though it cannot find a compatible device.

I have the same problem and I cant solve it,

I have the GTX 1080 TI and I need to work on tensorflow windows 10.

Any idea how to solve it?

And I have the same problem.
cuda 8.0.61 can not install on windows 10, GTX 1080Ti GPU.
It report can not find a compatible device.

Me to with cuda8 an 1080ti

#metoo