Which CUDA version to support GTX 1060 with MAXQ design

Hi all, in order to install tensorflow-GPU version on my laptop having GTX 1060 with MAXQ design, I received an error message while trying to install CUDA toolkit 9.0. Please suggest me what CUDA version is compatible for GTX 1060 with MAXQ design?

Install the latest driver for your GPU.

With that, any version of CUDA 8.0 or later should be fine for that GPU. You may wish to choose the CUDA version compatible with the version of tensorflow-gpu you are using.

On linux:
If you use a runfile install method, select “no” when prompted to install the driver. If you use a package manager install method, install cuda-toolkit-X.Y metapackage instead of cuda metapackage

I suggest reading the cuda linux install guide carefully.

On windows:
Run the windows installer, use the advanced options to deselect the driver install. Keep the current/latest driver.

I am using Windows 10. Presently I am facing with the error message: “2019-08-07 03:18:46.198862: E tensorflow/stream_executor/cuda/cuda_driver.cc:318] failed call to cuInit: CUDA_ERROR_UNKNOWN: unknown error”.
Please suggest me what to do?

verify your CUDA install. the instructions are in the CUDA windows install guide.

[url]Installation Guide Windows :: CUDA Toolkit Documentation

Hi, I couldn’t verify as CUDA sample could not be built as I had installed VS2019. Another point to note is that I cannot open the NVIDIA control panel after installing CUDA toolkit 10.0 and CuDNN 7.6.0 for CUDA toolkit 10.0. I am completely puzzled what to do? If possible could you assist in anyway how to resolve the matter? I really don’t know whether to uninstall CUDA or CuDNN or the graphics driver itself. If so how then what programs or features to uninstall. Please help me in this matter.

install the latest driver for your GPU

HI, I use Windows 10, I am recently read about CUDA cores and I have a Dell G7 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design.

SO I looking for a driver on your website, and there are only one option “CUDA Toolkit 10.2 Download”
that driver is compatible with my GTX ???

Please Help me.