Deepstream 6.1.1 and jetpack 5.1?

• Hardware Platform Jetson Orin
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version 5.1
• Issue Type : question

Hello everybody.
I just received and setup a Jetson AGX Orin.
I obviously installed the latest release of the jetpack, version 5.1 L4T r35.2.1

On my way to install Deepstream, I see that the latest version is 6.1.1, and the Deepstream web page says that it brought support to jetpack 5.0.2.
Now I’m a bit confused, should I wait for another release of Deepstream? Should I have remained with Jetpack 5.0.2? Should I wait for the next update of Deepstream before installing it or can I go ahead?

Thank you for the explanation

Cheers,
Laurent

Hello Laurent,
DeepStream 6.1.1 is for JP5.0.2 (L4T r35.1), and there will be a new version of DeepStream 6.2 for the JP5.1 release, it’s at the last mile, please wait for our update in the coming days. Thank you.

Hi yingliu,

Thank you very much for your answer.
I’ll wait for the 6.2 version then.

Cheers

DeepStream 6.2 is released, please find our announcement here: DeepStream 6.2 is now available for download!

1 Like

Thank you yingliu

Hello @yingliu,

As I had installed deepstream 6.1 in the meantime (before you said that the 6.2 would be released soon), now I encounter tthis error when trying to install the 6.2:

dpkg: error processing archive /home/jetson/Downloads/deepstream-6.2_6.2.0-1_arm64.deb (–unpack):
trying to overwrite ‘/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream’, which is also in package deepstream-6.1 6.1.1-1
Errors were encountered while processing:
/home/jetson/Downloads/deepstream-6.2_6.2.0-1_arm64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I tried to delete the /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream link but it doesn’t seem to be working.
Any idea what I should do ?
I can’t find how to uninstall deepstream-6.1 either

Thank you for your help

Cheers

Please refer to the uninstall steps here: Quickstart Guide — DeepStream 6.2 Release documentation (nvidia.com)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.