DeepStream 6.1.1 error: Could not open DRM failed

Hello.

When I run the below deepstream-app command on Jetson AGX Orin,
I get Could not open DRM failed error:

user@ubuntu-jetson:~/Desktop$ deepstream-app -c '/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.1/samples/configs/deepstream-app/source1_usb_dec_infer_resnet_int8.txt' 
Could not open DRM failed 
** ERROR: <main:716>: Failed to set pipeline to PAUSED
Quitting
ERROR from sink_sub_bin_sink1: GStreamer error: state change failed and some element failed to post a proper error message with the reason for the failure.
Debug info: gstbasesink.c(5367): gst_base_sink_change_state (): /GstPipeline:pipeline/GstBin:processing_bin_0/GstBin:sink_bin/GstBin:sink_sub_bin1/GstNvDrmVideoSink:sink_sub_bin_sink1:
Failed to start
App run failed
user@ubuntu-jetson:~/Desktop$

The deepstream installation (v6.1.1) followed these instructions, and there seems to be no problem with USB camera device recognition.

OS is Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS,
Jetpack version is 5.0.1-b118 .

How can I solve this problem?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

How is your Orin connected to the display device? Did you change anything about the source1_usb_dec_infer_resnet_int8.txt file?

Orin is connected with a DELL monitor via DP port(J18).

nope.
here is the content of the source1_usb_dec_infer_resnet_int8.txt file I used for testing:
source1_usb_dec_infer_resnet_int8.txt (3.7 KB)

OS environment info: (via jetsonUtilities)

NVIDIA NVIDIA Orin Jetson-Small Developer Kit
 L4T 34.1.1 [ JetPack 5.0.1 DP ]
   Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
   Kernel Version: 5.10.65-tegra
 CUDA 11.4.239
   CUDA Architecture: NONE
 OpenCV version: 4.5.4
   OpenCV Cuda: NO
 CUDNN: 8.3.2.49
 TensorRT: 8.4.0.11
 Vision Works: NOT_INSTALLED
 VPI: 2.0.14
 Vulcan: 1.3.203

Please refer to the instruction for nvdrmvideosink Accelerated GStreamer — Jetson Linux
Developer Guide 34.1 documentation (nvidia.com)

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

Just found you are still using JP5.0.1 which is a DP release, need upgrade to Jeptack 5.0.2 to support DeepStream 6.1.1. Please refers to OS compatibility matrix: Quickstart Guide — DeepStream 6.1.1 Release documentation (nvidia.com)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.