Deepstream-app: error while loading shared libraries: libyaml-cpp.so.0.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Hi, i try to install deepstream according to the Quickstart GuideView but i am using ubuntu 22.04.
After completing the steps go to the last step. when I run the command “deepstream-app --help” I get an error.
deepstream-app: error while loading shared libraries: libyaml-cpp.so.0.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I found because I use ubuntu 22.04 yaml-cpp has the latest version 0.7 so I tried the command:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libyaml-cpp.so.0.7 /usr/lib/libyaml-cpp.so.0.6

When I run the command “deepstream-app --help” again, the other error is"

deepstream-app: symbol lookup error: deepstream-app: undefined symbol: _ZN4YAML6detail9node_data14convert_to_mapESt10shared_ptrINS0_13memory_holderEE

Thanks

ps I am using RTX 3090,

I found a simple solution, I downloaded version 0.6.0 from yaml-cpp to build and then copied the file *.so to /usr/lib

1 Like

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

The suggested OS for DeepStream6.1/2 is Ubuntu20.04, this is the only OS we verified. In case you hit a new issue in Ubuntu22.04, you can compare to modules in a DeepStream docker which is based on 20.04.

Could you share how you managed to get the *.so file from building the yaml-cpp please? I built it but am unable to find the *.so file.

I have the same hardware and OS as you and I am facing the same issue.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.