DeepStream SDK 6 deepstream-test1 graph app missing an extension

Description

Running sample graph reference app test1 from the below URL fails on Jetson NX device.
https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/dev-guide/text/DS_Zero_Coding_Sample_Graphs.html

The error is :

2021-10-31 17:20:02,284 - Registry - INFO - Installing graph ...
2021-10-31 17:20:02,372 - Registry - ERROR - Failed to find extension: NvDsBaseExt version: 0.0.4
2021-10-31 17:20:02,373 - Registry - ERROR - Failed to find dependencies
2021-10-31 17:20:02,373 - Registry - ERROR - Failed to find extensions for manifest from graphs ['/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.0/reference_graphs/deepstream-test1/deepstream-test1.yaml']
Failed to install graph with output directory

Environment

TensorRT Version: 8.0.1.6-1+cuda10.2
GPU Type: Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit GPU
Nvidia Driver Version: Cannot find it but it should be the one with the OS image of NX developer kit
CUDA Version: 10.2
CUDNN Version: 8.2.1.32-1+cuda10.2
Operating System + Version: Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
Python Version (if applicable): 2.7.17
TensorFlow Version (if applicable): N/A
PyTorch Version (if applicable): N/A
Baremetal or Container (if container which image + tag): Baremetal Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit

Relevant Files

I am using OOTB files from DeepStream SDK 6 and graph composer reference apps.

Steps To Reproduce

• Fresh install of Xavier NX with JetPack 4.6
  • Install libgstrtspserver-1.0-0 as it is a prerequisite for DeepStream SDK 6
  • Install DeepStream SDK 6
  • Install Graph Composer runtime for Jetson
  • Install Graph Composer reference apps
  • Run the below:
cd /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.0/reference_graphs/deepstream-test1/
/opt/nvidia/graph-composer/execute_graph.sh deepstream-test1.yaml parameters.yaml -d ../common/target_aarch64.yaml

Hi,

This looks like a Deepstream related, we are moving this topic to the Deepstream forum to get better help.

Thank you.

Please follow this to setup the environments:
https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/dev-guide/graphtools-docs/docs/text/GraphComposer_app_Workflow.html#launch-composer

Hi @Amycao,

Thanks for pointing me to that documnetation page. The page has a section for running a graph from command line which is what I am after. Still the option to run a graph on a Jetson device seems to be via remote execution only. In other words, the documentation refers to running a graph from an x86 Ubuntu machine that will trigger some sort of remote execution call on the target Jetson device.

I wonder if there is an option to run the graph directly on the device without any external reliance on a driver machine.

Thanks in advance,
Yousry

We support graph execution on Jetson directly also.

Good new, I appreciate if you share some tips on how to do that or at least how to bypass the registry error in this thread. It seems there is some command to run to register the required extensions(s).

Please install by the doc provided. especially “Sync Extensions” part.

The following command performs the needed registration of extensions.

registry repo sync -n ngc-public

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.