Diagonal Tear line and checkboard pattern on XWayland

On XWayland, I get a diagonal tear line and a checkerboard artifact when things move.

The video below showcases what both of those problems:

The problem is much more noticeable at lower FPS (~very easy to tell at 30fps on my system)

The program being run in the video is vrrtest with __GLX_VENDOR_LIBRARY_NAME="nvidia" vrrtest from here. Although the tool is made for testing VRR, I am just using it because it is also able to reproduce this issue, this issue is not about variable refresh rate (variable refresh rate is disabled on my monitor and this issue still happens)

Something to note is that recording the screen with pipewire capture (with OBS for example) makes the problem stop occuring/occur much less often. (I think it still happens but much less if i’m recording with pipewire)

I’m on KDE Plasma 5.24.1 Nvidia driver version 510.54

nvidia-bug-report.tar.gz (279.9 KB)

Edit: I have an rx 550 as main gpu and this only happens when GPU accelerated programs are offloaded to my rtx 2070super

Please set kernel parameter
nvidia-drm.modeset=1

I have the same issue for all games running with Xwayland. I have nvidia-drm.modeset=1 but my display is driven by intel graphics (laptop) and I’m in offload mode.

I already have that set.

Also sorry I forgot to mention that I am also in offload mode with an amd gpu as primary (rx 550)