Do Orin Nano and Jetson Nano have the same interface?

I just bought this carrier board a few days ago, thinking I needed it to use an SSD with my Jetson Nano. But since then I’ve learned that Jetson Nano is stuck on an ancient Ubuntu, and tried to buy an Orin Nano, with no luck (the Arrow website was 404 for all Jetson products).

Today the Arrow website had Orin Nano in stock, and I’d like to order one. But can I use carrier boards designed for Jetson and Xavier, like the one above? I couldn’t find information on this.

The Jetson Orin Nano and Jetson Orin NX modules are supported by the Jetson Orin Nano Developer Kit carrier board. We do not have support for these modules with the Xavier NX or Nano Developer Kit. Our partners also have various carrier boards that support the Jetson Orin Nano series and Jetson Orin NX series.

I have this carrier board and a tx2 nx, so I bought the orin nano as it uses the same socket and was told it would be compatible. I have not been able to get it working properly luckily my tx2nx should be replaced under the warranty. Send it back and order the a603 which they just released. I ordered it today as I was having issues caused by seeedstudios site with ordering for the last few days until they fixed it. They haven’t released drivers/dtb for the carrier yet but that should be available soon from what I was told. at the very least I assume you should be able to flash the nvme/sd/usb properly. My orin nano 8gb is detected in recovery mode through the a203 to make that clear. But I have not been able to get it working. I assume it is a dtb thing. The a203 does have a microsd card which may be what is causing the conflict. Only major difference I can see between the boards.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.