Does Jetson Nano official image contains edp(embedded display port) driver?

Does Jetson Nano official image contains edp(embedded display port) driver? We will design our own carrier board which has an edp display interface, so can we drive the screen with edp interface directly using offical image?

We can guarantee display port will work on jetson nano devkit.

But for your custom board, maybe extra configuration is needed, so no guarantee.

Hi Wayne, thank you for the feedback :)
So theoretically, is the driver of edp compatiable with dp port?
And, what do you mean exactly by extra configuation, for example?

I am not quite sure about your difference between “embedded DP” and common DP. Based on my experience, they are little bit different.

Are you talking about that kind of eDP panel that the power source is totally provided by the jetson nano board itself but not to external power adapter?

that’s right

By default jetson nano does not enable such driver. It only works with common DP.

Such eDP panel has not been verified on jetson nano. Only on TX1.

They are using similar driver but some functions are different. For example, eDP flow does not support hotplug but DP flow can. Both of them are using functions coming out from dp.c code.

I cannot give you a direct answer. But you can try to use the default image and we can see what is going on there.

Hi Wayne, good to know that.
Another thing is, does the driver of common DP support resolution 3840 x 2160?(2K)

Yes, it can support.