DP monitor goes to sleep... forever

I’m using Ubuntu 20.04 with dual monitors (BENQ GW2765) with GeForce GT 1030 (GP108-A) with NVIDIA driver 450.80.02.

Ever since the recent NVIDIA driver update Ubuntu released in the last couple weeks (I believe it was from 440 to 450) , the monitor connected via DP will often not turn back on if its put to sleep over night. This happened on Friday and even after a reboot I could not get the monitor to come back on. I finally swapped out the DP cable for a new one, and swapped the monitor using DP to HDMI and vice versa. That seemed to get things working again.

However this morning when I sat down at my computer, the same problem has happened again, only this time the problem followed the monitor plugged into the DP port. HDMI monitor works flawlessly, DP monitor will not come back on. I have tried power cycling the DP monitor, and even unplugging/plugging it back in, as well as rebooting my computer, all to no avail. The monitor itself says “No Signal Detect”, and nvidia-settings says the monitor is off (prior to unplugging/plugging) and now it doesn’t display the 2nd monitor as an option at all.

Any ideas what may be going on here?

nvidia-bug-report_dp_monitor_off.log.gz (1.2 MB)
nvidia-bug-report_dp_monitor_gone.log.gz (1.2 MB)
nvidia-bug-report_after_reboot_no_dp_monitor.log.gz (280.1 KB)