EEPROM not detected

PLEASE LEARN TO SHARE THE LOG AS A TEXT FILE.

It is really not good to share any log and code as a photo when your photo is not clear.

Also, share the board schematic since this is a custom board.

I am not sure why we have a “internal eeprom” here, what does that mean? The module eeprom? Why did you customize the module eeprom? This stuff is inside SOM and cannot be changed.

Hello ,

Sorry , From next time i will make sure that i will share logs in text file or snaps with better image quality.

Let me refine by query…

As i am designing a custom carrier board , and connected an external EEPROM To How to read board id from carrier board eeprom for jetson xavier nx

In my custom carrier board , If i want to connect EEPROM to I2C2 Device Address: 1010111 = 0x57H , What changes are required to be made in DTS file or any other file?

There are two eeprom on the devkit.

First one is on the SOM. i2c bus 0 address 0x50H. This one is needed and cannot be removed.

Second one is on the devkit, i2c bus 0 address 0x57H. This one is not required for booting. Which means if you have any problem in booting on custom board, this EEPROM has nothing to do with it.

The required change should be

1. Make sure i2c2 is not occupied by any device.

2. Enable one eeprom inside nvidia/platform/t18x/lanai/kernel-dts/common/tegra186-p3636-plugin-manager.dtsi.

Thanks @WayneWWW sir,

But , i have an issue with my custom carrier board , its not booting up… and i am getting continous unstopable logs, and their i am getting error in EEPROM…

[0001.520] I> Reading eeprom i2c=1 address=0x50
[0001.521] E> I2C: slave not found in slaves.
[0001.522] E> I2C: Could not write 0 bytes to slave: 0x00a0 with repeat start true.
[0001.523] E> I2C_DEV: Failed to send register address 0x00000000.
[0001.523] E> I2C_DEV: Could not read 256 registers of size 1 from slave 0xa0 at 0x00000000 via instance 1.
[0001.532] E> eeprom: Retry to read I2C slave device.
[0001.537] E> I2C: slave not found in slaves.
[0001.541] E> I2C: Could not write 0 bytes to slave: 0x00a0 with repeat start true.
[0001.549] E> I2C_DEV: Failed to send register address 0x00000000.
[0001.554] E> I2C_DEV: Could not read 256 registers of size 1 from slave 0xa0 at 0x00000000 via instance 1.
[0001.564] E> eeprom: Failed to read I2C slave device
[0001.569] I> Eeprom read failed 0x3526070d
[0001.573] I> create_pm_ids: id: 3668-0000-200-J, len: 15

Complete are also attached putty_1.log (392.4 KB)

i have also raised a separate thread for it (Board not booting up) , here i provided all the information.

Please help me , we are stuck in out board bring up process.

Your boot issue has nothing do with eeporm. The SOM eeprom is on i2c0 which is able to read it with below lines from your log.

[0001.465] I> Find /i2c@3160000's alias i2c0
[0001.466] I> Reading eeprom i2c=0 address=0x50
[0001.494] I> Device at /i2c@3160000:0x50
[0001.494] I> Reading eeprom i2c=0 address=0x57
[0001.519] I> Device at /i2c@3160000:0x57

The boot issue is probably hardware issue instead of software. Please file separate issue for it and other engineers will help check.

Sir, i have filed a seperate issue for this (Board not booting up) ,

It would be very helpful , if you could please comment on that.

I don’t work on hardware issue so does not have any comment.

1 Like

Hello @WayneWWW Sir,

I confirm that , it is not the hardware issue,

because if i use my NX SoM in custom carrier board, board does not get boot up and logs keep on repeating after

whereas , if i use Nano SoM in custom carrier board, it works perfectly fine.

what can be the possible reason , because i have tried with my custom SD card image and readily available image also.

Sir please comment on this ( Board not booting up - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson Xavier NX - NVIDIA Developer Forums)

What if you just plug out the same NX SOM and put it to the devkit? Will it boot up?

yes sir it boots up , perfectly fine in dev kit.

Then it is a hardware issue.

But sir, if it would have been a hardware issue,
then how Nano SoM is working in same custom board , whereas NX SoM is not working in that carrier board.

Hardware issue would have been resulted the same for both the SoM’s.

The spec for each SOM is different. We even have two different design guide documents for nano and nx.

You can check the document first. Also, I just want to ask, are you using sdcard module on your test?

Yes sir we are using SD card to flash image in our custom carrier board, as we used SD card to test in dev kit also.

Even we do not have the option of emmc in our custom carrier board.And i am not aware about the procedure of USB flashing menthod…

Please suggest proper way and method to implement it.

Just try with sdkmanager first… And file separate topic. It is out of original topic.

Thanks for your reccommendation sir.

But i am not aware about sdkmanager , is this a image for flashing NX.
Sir . please help me with the link

and sir filed a seperate topic for it on Board not booting up - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson Xavier NX - NVIDIA Developer Forums

Just file a new topic with title “how to flash board with sdkmanager “. Your link is the hardware issue. Not related to sdkmanager either.

Hello Sir,

I have filed a new topic for it. How to flash board with sdkmanager

please reply on that

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.