Error: <main:564>: Failed to set pipeline to PAUSED in DeepStream SDK 3 with NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 GPU

I am having trouble running the samples DeepStream SDK 3.0 in GEFORCE GTX 1060 using specified instruction and which results in

** ERROR: main:564: Failed to set pipeline to PAUSED
Quitting
ERROR from src_bin_muxer: Output width not set
Debug info: gstnvstreammux.c(1616): gst_nvstreammux_change_state (): /GstPipeline:pipeline/GstBin:multi_src_bin/GstNvStreamMux:src_bin_muxer
App run failed

I have tried to remove the cache and still it didn’t work.
I have gone through the setup and have all the pre-requisite:
Ubuntu 16.04
GStreamer 1.8.3
NVIDIA driver 410+
CUDA 10.0
TensorRT 5.0

Any help that could point me to resolve this issue would be very useful.

Hi subhasishs1,

The DeepStream SDK 3.0 offers an end-to-end deep learning solution for Intelligent Video Analytics on Tesla® GPUs, it can’t support on host PC with GEFORCE GTX 1060.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. Can you please tell me which GPU cards support DeepStream SDK 3.0.

Hi subhasishs1,

We test and maintain DeepStream 3.0 for Tesla platforms. It may work on GFX cards, will look into this issue to have the update soon.

Thanks

Hi subhasishs1
which app you are using? deepstream-app? and how about the configuration? I use /path to ds package/samples/configs/deepstream-app/source30_720p_dec_infer-resnet_tiled_display_int8.txt
but change sink to type 3 File, and it work fine, can you specify detailed about how to repro
this issue? btw, I am using docker, but i think this should be not a problem, and same pre-requisite
with you.

Hi Amycao

Thanks a lot.I have tried all the sample application…

Sample Application source4_720p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8_gpu1.txt and source30_720p_dec_infer-resnet_tiled_display_int8.txt working fine.

But for the application config_dewarper.txt/config_infer_primary.txt/config_infer_secondary_carcolor.txt/config_infer_secondary_carmake.txt/config_infer_secondary_vehicletypes.txt I am getting following error:

deepstream-app -c ~/Downloads/DeepStream_Release/samples/configs/deepstream-app/config_dewarper.txt

Quitting
Debug info: gstnvstreammux.c(1616): gst_nvstreammux_change_state (): /GstPipeline:pipeline/GstBin:multi_src_bin/GstNvStreamMux:src_bin_muxer
App run failed

And for Application source4_720p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8_gpu1.txt Iam getting following error:

Unable to set device in gst_nvstreammux_change_state
Quitting
App run failed

I am not using docker.I am using host machine with GEFORCE GTX 1060 GPU.

Thanks

Hi subhasishs1
Do you have gtx 1080 or Tesla p4 or any other Tesla card, if possible, can you try again with
the card i mentioned? if Tesla card, you need to use it with qualified server, 1080 is ok with
pc, then we can rule out the environments issues. btw, gtx 1080 workable with DS 3.0

oh, you mean you could run well with these 2 configs, right?
Sample Application source4_720p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8_gpu1.txt and source30_720p_dec_infer-resnet_tiled_display_int8.txt

Yes,Source4_720p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8_gpu1.txt and source30_720p_dec_infer-resnet_tiled_display_int8.txt this two config are working fine.

I don’t have Tesla p4 but I have Gtx 1080.
I will set up everything in that machine with gtx 1080 and will try this again.Then I will let you know the status.

Thanks

config_infer_primary.txt is for [primary-gie]-> config-file, but not for deepstream-app,
it’s used in source30_720p_dec_infer-resnet_tiled_display_int8.txt 【primary-gie】
and this issue not related to specific cards, you do not have to try with 1080 card or something else card.

Hi Amycao and subhasishs1,

I am doing the same testing and I am having similar error. I am not using docker and my host machine is with GEFORCE GTX 1060 GPU.

May I know how we can run the config source4_720p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8_gpu1.txt ?

Sample Application source4_720p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8.txt and source30_720p_dec_infer-resnet_tiled_display_int8.txt working fine.

But for the application config_dewarper.txt/config_infer_primary.txt/config_infer_secondary_carcolor.txt/config_infer_secondary_carmake.txt/config_infer_secondary_vehicletypes.txt I am getting following error:

deepstream-app -c ~/Downloads/DeepStream_Release/samples/configs/deepstream-app/config_dewarper.txt

Quitting
App run failed

Application source4_720p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8_gpu1.txt The error is:

Quitting
App run failed

Thank you

Thanks

Hi, zhenyu707
for the first, please see comment Posted 12/10/2018 05:25 AM
for the second, source4_720p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8_gpu1.txt, have error “Unable to set device in gst_nvstreammux_change_state”
how many graphic cards in your system, the config use different card for sink and other elements.

Hello amycao,

I am using only 1 graphic card in the system. So, I should change the config. Am I right?

yes, please change all the gpu-id to 0 in config, if you just have one graphic card in system.

Hello amycao,

It works for me. Thank you.

I’m running within a docker on a DGX Station with 4 V100’s and I’m getting the following output.

root@7a70dce20d9c:~/DeepStream_Release/samples# deepstream-app -c configs/deepstream-app/source30_720p_dec_infer-resnet_tiled_display_int8.txt
Quitting
App run failed

I’m not sure what else to try. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hi
default config configs/deepstream-app/source30_720p_dec_infer-resnet_tiled_display_int8.txt is supposed
to run with nvidia graphic cards for display, but V100 is compute card, Can you rendering the output to
sink type 3 File? or type 1 FakeSink

[sink0]
enable=0
#Type - 1=FakeSink 2=EglSink 3=File
type=1
sync=0
source-id=0
gpu-id=1
cuda-memory-type=1

[sink1]
enable=1
type=3