ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: no element "nvarguscamerasrc"

Hello -
I am attempting to read frames from a Waveshare Binocular Camera Module Dual IMX219.

This binocular camera has worked on a separate NVIDIA Jetson Nano before; the ribbon cables which connect the device are properly secured and facing the correct directions. The camera itself has a red LED indicator which also indicates that the camera is receiving power. I have contacted Waveshare customer support who has stated that the device is compatible with the Jetson Orin Nano. Right now, I have no reason to believe the camera is at fault.

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide or generate.

• I am using a Jetson Orin Nano Developer Kit, which was flashed from my Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS host machine using SDK Manager 2.1.0.116600 x86_64.

• Kernel version: 5.10.192-tegra-35.5.0-20240219203809

• Jetson type: NVIDIA Orin Nano Developer Kit

• I first flashed the device with Jetpack 6.0 + DeepStream (using host Ubuntu 22.04). With Jetpack 6.0, I used jetson-io.py to configure the pins for the IMX-219 sensor, and then rebooted. The device never showed anything under ls /dev/video*.

• I then flashed the device with Jetpack 5.1.3 + DeepStream 6.3 (this time with host Ubuntu 20.04.6) and encountered a different roadblock.

merlin@ubuntu:~$ ls /dev/video*
/dev/video0  /dev/video1

Although both /dev/video0 and /dev/video1 were present, they were not recognized by any pipeline configuration, including v4l2, or gst-launch-1.0. Additionally, cheese does not detect any video devices. Using a typical launch command: gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor_id=0 ! Nv3dsink I received this error:

ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: no element "nvarguscamerasrc".

• After no success, I then flashed the device again with Jetpack 5.1.2 + DeepStream 6.3 and still encountered the same issue:

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor_id=0 ! nv3dsink

ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: no element "nvarguscamerasrc".

merlin@ubuntu:~$ gst-launch-1.0 --version

gst-launch-1.0 version 1.16.3

GStreamer 1.16.3

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gstreamer1.0

I am not using any remote interfaces or VNC sessions here – the Jetson Orin Nano has a mouse, monitor, and keyboard plugged in to it, which has been mentioned before on other threads as causing issues.

The solution here here must be evidenced by the fact that libgstnvarguscamerasrc.so is blacklisted, however it’s not evident why it is. (I understand this blacklist is simply a list of known-incompatible libraries?)

gst-inspect-1.0 -b

Blacklisted files:

libgstnvegltransform.so

libgstnvcompositor.so

libgstnvvidconv.so

libgstopengl.so

libgstnvjpeg.so

libnvdsgst_dewarper.so

libnvdsgst_inferserver.so

libnvdsgst_multistream.so

libnvdsgst_dsexample.so

libnvdsgst_dsexample.so

libcustom2d_preprocess.so

libnvdsgst_tracker.so

libnvdsgst_udp.so

libnvdsgst_multistreamtiler.so

libgstnvvideoconvert.so

libnvdsgst_preprocess.so

libnvdsgst_infer.so

libnvdsgst_osd.so

libnvdsgst_segvisual.so

libnvdsgst_ofvisual.so

libnvdsgst_deepstream_bins.so

libgstnvvideo4linux2.so

libcluttergst3.so

libgstnveglstreamsrc.so

libgstnveglglessink.so

libgstnvvideosink.so

libgstgtk.so

libgstnvivafilter.so

libgstnvv4l2camerasrc.so

libgstnvarguscamerasrc.so

libgstnvvideosinks.so

Total count: 30 blacklisted files

How do you flash the JP5.1.2? by sdkmanager?
Please flash JP5.1.2 by sdkmanager only without DeepStream.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.