Error to use CUDA Visual Profiler

Hello,

When I run the CUDA visual Profiler on Ubuntu 9.10 and try to set up a new project by modifying my own session setting, I got an error like below even when I run the SDK code(matrixMul). I don’t know how to deal with it. Anyone has the same problem?

BTW: I can use a script to run the profiler in command line and generate the .csv file. Loading the .csv
from the visual Profiler, I can see the tables. But this is inconvenient, as I have to each time manually set the options. So running in the visual profiler might be better for choosing options and counters as you like easily.

=== Start profiling for session ‘Session1’ ===
Start program xterm -e /home/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/bin/linux/release/matrixMul, run #1
Program run #1 completed.
Start program xterm -e /home/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/bin/linux/release/matrixMul, run #2
Program run #2 completed.
Start program xterm -e /home/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/bin/linux/release/matrixMul, run #3
Program run #3 completed.
Start program xterm -e /home/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/bin/linux/release/matrixMul, run #4
Program run #4 completed.
Error in reading profiler output.

I’ve also set my path correctly according to the SDK doc…but still doesn’t work. any body knows?

I assume you’ve tried running matrixMul directly from the command line (outside the profiler), right? What happens when you do that?

What about deviceQuery?