Error TRK0005: Failed to locate: "rc.exe". The system cannot find the file specified.

This happens when I create a new android project (any of the android projects) and hit build after the project is created. Some times I get lucky and compile without errors, but, in sometimes I get this only error specifying a rc.exe. I’ve checked the entire project folder, and the NVPACK folder and no rc.exe to be found. Just a file in the project folder name “RCa03048” without extension.

Hello Xertz,

rc.exe is a part of the Windows SDK and is used to compile resource files (.rc). It is not used by Nsight Tegra. Do native Windows application projects show this kind of error for you?

Hi Dimitry!

Yes, Android Native Application shows this message right from the start (building the project after it was created). Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn’t.

Hello Xertz,

I’m afraid that this issue is not connected with the Nsight Tegra. You may want to try reinstalling the Windows SDK.

For now I don’t have to. I just create a new project if the error appears.

Thanks Dmitry!

If you hand edit the project vcxproj, you can remove references to resource compiling and that will make this error go away.

<ItemGroup>
    <ResourceCompile Include="zlib.rc" />
  </ItemGroup>
<ItemGroup>
  </ItemGroup>