Error value 3 and t186ref when flashing NX

Hello!
I got following error (attached photo) when trying to restore Jetson Xavier NX from the cloned image when using restore command: sudo ./flash.sh -r jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc mmcblk0p1

Clone command looks like this: sudo ./flash.sh -r -k APP -G eMMC_CLONES/backup_20220709_JetsXavierNX.img jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc mmcblk0p1

Unlike the Jetson Nano eMMC experience when (after cloning) I usually get both *.img and *img.raw files very large (and everything works smoothly), after cloning Xavier NX I get *.img file relatively small (119 MB) and *.img.raw is big (13 GB), dunno does it already warns about some problem?

Also: my NX is recognized by SDK Manager as “ordinary” e.g. the production one and NOT as “Developer kit”, anyway I haven’t seen any more suitable target-board parameter than " jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc", am I perhaps mistaken at this step ?

Any ideas? Many thanks in advance…

Will the flash work without using cloned image? I mean you should try the base case first.

Do You mean using SDK Manager’s GUI ?

I mean currently you are running “-r -k balabala”. and also use image copied from somewhere else.

Will the flash work if you don’t add this but only “sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc mmcblk0p1”?

“-r” means re-use the system image that was created before,
“-k” means only flash to specific partition.

We don’t need them at this moment. Just try the basic flash. Sdkmanager is using same method.

Basic flash worked!! But of course it resulted with a default image. Is something wrong with my cloning procedure?

Can we use some simple steps here to validate whether this is due to your steps or something else?

For example, after flashing the default image, boot and configured user account, how about your directly clone it with same steps?

Sir, I have implemented many changes and uninstallations in the default image, very time consuming task to go over again with risk of skipping some (already done) things…

You can also dump the serial console log when error happened. It would tell why the flash cannot work.

Dear Wayne!
I have resolved the problem by another clone-attempt (very same command like before) and then it worked!
After it, this time both *.img and *.img.raw file were large and it was a sign of correct direction!
Thank You very much for Your time!!!

Are you willing to share the command here so that other user can know it?

Yes, there was no change from the “unsuccessful” attempt, command was not to blame, maybe was some problem with copying “system.img”

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.