Errors compiling sample projects

Hey,

i’m having problems installing Optix 3.5.1

I downloaded and installed cmake, the CUDA Toolkit 5.0, Optix 3.5.1, the latest CG-Toolkit and am running Visual Studio 2010.
This is how my cmake-cofigs look like External Media

I’m able to run the precomiled samples, but getting the following errors when I try to compile the sample1 in Visual Studio.

Eine Ausnahme (erste Chance) bei 0x000007fd76c17b8c in sample1.exe: Microsoft C++-Ausnahme: optix::shared::GLContextCreateError an Speicherposition 0x00cbe740..
Eine Ausnahme (erste Chance) bei 0x000007fd76c17b8c in sample1.exe: Microsoft C++-Ausnahme: optix::shared::InvalidContext an Speicherposition 0x00cbbc70..

Can anybody help?

Thanks!

Your cmake-configs images doesn’t show here. Please attach the file to the forum by using the paper clip symbol which appears when hovering with the mouse over your submitted post.

Since the pre-built examples worked, that means your system is basically capable of running OptiX.

Did you use the top most CMakeLists.txt to build the solution?
(Do not use the ones inside the individual examples directly. Those don’t contain the necessary configurations.)

Which specific Visual Studio 2010 version is this (e.g. Professional, Express)
Which target did you build (32-bit,64-bit) x (release, debug)?
What are your installed GPU(s) and display driver version?

Hey,
thanks for your reply. I got it to run now. I don’t know what exacly caused the error, but I think the update to the latest display driver fixed it.