I spent an unreasonable amount of time trying to make my graphic card work for Tensorflow computations.
I’ve tried the following procedure on Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04 (Desktop and server) and ArchLinux.
- Install the distrib
- Update& upgrade
- install nvidia drivers either from ubuntu standard PPA or from graphics-driver PPA or directly from NVidia website
- modifiy modesetting and blacklist nouveau
- Tried all I could find in this forum and elsewere
More precisely, I have the following bugs :
- Low Graphic mode on ubuntu (Ubuntu Desktop)
- Automatic fallback to intel with some package (Ubuntu Desktop)
- "RmInitAdapter failed!" in kernel log and dmesg (Ubuntu & Arch)
- nvidia-smi output : "no device found" (Ubuntu&Arch)
If anyone could help, that would be much appreciated.
I attached nvidia-bug-report script output, lspci -vvv, syslog and kernlog