Flash jetpack 4.6 into sd card

Hi, I have a carrier board with Xavier NX module. I have the carrier board OS image flashed into onboard EMMC successfully using command:

sudo ./flash.sh -r jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc mmcblk0p1

I know jetpack 4.6 is support flash OS with external device. So I tried with this command from SDCARD:

sudo ./flash.sh -r jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc mmcblk1p1

But it seems not working. still flash OS into EMMC. Could you tell me what’s the right command to flash OS into SD card from sdcard-slot? Or I still need some tools like Flashing to an SD Card

Thanks.

hello crazymumu0804,

please check developer guide, Flashing to an External Storage Device.
you should also review External Storage Device Partition to create a partition configuration file for flashing to an external storage device.
after you have flashed the device, you may also changing the boot orders.
thanks

I know jetpack 4.6 is support flash OS with external device. So I tried with this command from SDCARD:

This is not correct. We don’t support to flash OS to external drive with flash.sh. That is the initrd flash tool suggested by Jerry.

Also, external sdcard slot is not supported in any flash tool either.

Hi crazymumu0804,

Please run below command to flash JP-4.6 on TX2 SDCARD:
$ sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device mmcblk2p1 -c ./tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_nvme.xml -S 8GiB --showlogs jetson-tx2 external

You can change ‘-S 8GiB’ app partition.
Please reference detail from ‘Linux_for_Tegra/tools/kernel_flash/README_initrd_flash.txt’ with Workflow 3 steps.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.