Flash the AGX board

Hi all,
We are using the AGX Xavier board and we aim to flash it, in order to enable the PLLAON as a clock , and then the CAN Port. So, I Installed theSDK Manager to do it and currently, I am following this link: Clocks — Jetson Linux<br/>Developer Guide 34.1 documentation

The problem that when I download the JetPack and check the /nvidia_sdk/JetPack_Linux/Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/dtb , I found only the tegra194-p2888-0001-p2822-0000.dtb
and not the BPMPFW DTB file. Please, is there any update that I could miss it to flash the AGX board? or a new document?

My second question is, can I use an old version of Jetpack such as 4.6? Because I noticed that all the old versions are disabled in SDK Manager.
Thank you.

1. bpmp dtb is not in kernel/dtb. go to check bootloader folder.

2. Is this your first time using this host to flash jetpack? Does " $ sdkmanager --archivedversions" show you the version or not? If it does not, could you confirm if you are using ubuntu20.04? 20.04 does not support old jeptack releases.

Where is the file `tegra194-a02-bpmp-p2888-a04.dtb on HDD AGX XAVIER, v4.6.1 ?
Can you write, the file is in /rep1/rep2/rep3/tegra194-a02-bpmp-p2888-a04.dtb, please.
I search all of HDD, not find tegra194-a02-bpmp-p2888-a04.dtb.
Perhaps is a another file name.
Thank you.

What is under your Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader?

Please be aware that I am talking about the x86 host. Not on your jetson Xavier…

the image of liste of dtb by mokhtar.bouain is the liste of file .dtb on x86.
We don’t have the file tegra194-a02-bpmp-p2888-a04.dtb on x86 (host) AND on Xavier file (target).

Then could you reply on previous comment? What did you see under your Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader?

On host UBUNTU ?

Yes, when you see someone say “Linux_for_Tegra”, then it is no doubt on host.

Ok, I downloaded the file Jetson_Linux_R32.6.1_aarch64.tbz2 (on my PC windows) and it’s ok, I see the file tegra194-a02-bpmp-p2888-a04.dtb, because I don’t have Ubuntu 18.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r34.1/DeveloperGuide/text/SD/Clocks.html#to-use-pllaon-as-clock-source
Here, at line “To use PLLAON as clock source”, we don’t have a precision where is the source file: on host or on target.

As I found the file tegra194-p2888-0001-p2822-0000.dtb rename kernel_tegra194-p2888-0001-p2822-0000.dtb in the target, I thought that the bpmp file was also renamed in the target, at the first installation.

Last question: to flash these two files, we don’t need a host, can you confirm?

Thank you

Hi,

No… the bpmp dtb and kernel dtb are two different things. It is not “rename” … these files are different. You can only find the bpmp dtb on the host.

And You need the host to flash…

You must prepare a ubuntu x86 host if you want to develop over jetson agx xavier… It would have a lots of tricks to prevent the host side work, but those would not just make you totally no need a host…
Honestly, I feel you are a newbie to the whole system. So better following the official method to play around those flash tools first.

Also, you should figure out the release you want to use… you cannot refer to a rel-34.x document while you want to use rel-32.6 BSP.

Rel-34/35 and rel-32 have large gap in the whole firmare.

Ok, we have many file tegra194-aXX-bpmp-p2888-aYY.dtb.
Which one is for the AGX xavier 16GB ?

Thank you,

You can either check the board config , or you just check which file is in use by checking the flash log.

Board config means the one you are using to flash the board

For example, sudo ./flash.sh jetson123 mmcblk0p1. Then you need to check config file jetson123.conf.

But I think directly checking the flash log would be an easier one.

My sequence (on host ubuntu18.04) :
1- take the x2 .dtb files in Jetson_Linux_R32.6.1_aarch64.tbz
2- Modify for the clock (PLL) for the CAN
3- Flash the files in eMMC.
I asked to know the names of the files that correspond to my card.

What do you think ?

Hi,

I already answered the question…in previous comment… Are you able to understand that or not?

Also, you don’t need to take a file from Jetson_Linux_R32.6.1_aarch64.tbz. Sdkmanager already installed those file to your ~/nvidia on your host ubuntu…

If my answer is not what you want, please clarify your question again.

I want only change the frequency for the CAN1 & CAN2.
On forum, they said : modify two files :

• tegra194-p2888-0001-p2822-0000.dtb,
  • tegra194-a02-bpmp-p2888-a04.dtb .

I’m not sure if the name of files is for my board.

Yes, so flash the board first without changing anything and read the flash log to find out which bpmp dtb is in use.

Is it okay to understand this comment?
The file name would be varied with different board/sku so it is not possible to directly tell you “oh it must be xxx-bpmp-xxx.dtb”. You can use the flash log to find the answer.

Ok. it’s a different way to read flash content before modify and write, but why not.
I understand :)

1 Like

If you want to check it without flash, you can read the board config file. Which is also mentioned in my previous comment…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.