Flashing L4T 35.4.1 to orin nano 4gb som fails

Hello ,

We flashed orin nano 4gb fresh som using jetson orin nano developer kit with Default JP5.1.2.We hit the bellow error.

[   8.9259 ] ERROR: might be timeout in USB write.
Error: Return value 3

Then we tried the steps mentioned in the following thread USB timeout error during flash Orin. How to resolve that still the behavior is same.

Then we tried with jetson orin nano developer kit with NVIDIA SDK managet(Both JP5.1.2 and JP5.1.3) still the flash fails. Im attaching flash logs of both custom board and Devkit. Please help me to resolve this issue

sdkm-2024-03-05-11-09-29.log (706.5 KB)

Default_JP5.1.2_SDKM_UARTLOG.log (29.5 KB)

Custom_board_non_working_som1_flash_1421123050671.txt (75.9 KB)

Please attach the full sdkmanager zip file after one flash.

Your sdkm log currently has multiple flash logs inside one file.

Hello @WayneWWW ,

As you said i am attaching the sdkmanager log zip.

SDKM_logs_JetPack_5.1.2_Linux_for_Jetson_Orin_Nano_modules_2024-03-05_13-09-39.zip (205.7 KB)

What is the uart log in this situation? Is it devkit or custom board this time?

The flash fails on jetson orin nano developer kit. I am attaching the uart log for the same.
uart_SDKM_JP_5.1.2_2024-0305_13-09-39.log (29.5 KB)

Could you try 5.1.3 and share the logs? Want to prevent it is new module with PCN update case.

hi @WayneWWW ,
Want to prevent it is new module with PCN update case. what it means ?
We flashed the som using devkit only.

Please find the attached JP5.1.3 logs.

SDKM_logs_JetPack_5.1.3_Linux_for_Jetson_Orin_Nano_modules_2024-03-05_15-01-41.zip (217.6 KB)
Default_JP5.1.3_SDKM_UARTLOG.log (28.8 KB)

Want to prevent it is new module with PCN update case. what it means ?

We will update the components inside the module periodically. Mostly the DRAM.

In brief, the module produced in 2024 may not work with the software released in 2023.

Please always share the sdkmanager host side log and uart log together.

They are all paired. You should not share sdkmanager only sometimes and uart log only in another time. You should share them altogether and make sure they are from the same flash attempt.

Also, is it a fresh Orin Nano module? Do you have other Orin Nano device on your side?

okay @WayneWWW got it , its not attached properly i edited the Flashing L4T 35.4.1 to orin nano 4gb som fails - #8 by pippalla.chakravarthi . kindly look into the uart log.

Also, is it a fresh Orin Nano module? Do you have other Orin Nano device on your side?
yes i have one more non working orin nano 4gb som and working 8gb som

Could you share the serial number of the Orin nano 4gb ?’

BTW, have you tried jetpack6?

Non-working-SOM1 ser no : 1421123050671 this som only we are flashing currently.

FYI , Initially we have 50 fresh orin nano soms out of 50 we flashed 48 soms successfully with JP5.1.2 without any issues . only two soms have problem it seems.

Another non-working-SOM2 ser no : 1421323009679

BTW, have you tried jetpack6? No i didn’t tried

Hi @WayneWWW, could you please provide an update on this? If it’s the SOM problem, we will proceed with filling out an RMA as well."

Hi, Please RMA this module.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.