From Omniverse to Sketchfab?

Anyone knows how to export USD scenes from Create to Sketchfab with materials?

Please help if you can, this is a work assignment and I can pay you money.

Hi @pekka.varis! I know the development team is working on support for glTF file imports. You might be able to export your SketchFab file as an FBX and import that into Create? Let me know it that works. I’ll reach out to the dev team to see if I can find out some more information for you!

Thanks Wendy! I am looking for a way to export from Create to Sketchfab.
If I export fbx, I most commonly end up with a blank model without textures in Sketchfab.

Hi Wendy, I think Pekka meant exporting from Omniverse in order to import the scene into sketchfab. So that his scene could be shared with others via the cloud. I’m wondering the same thing. When I take my USD file that was created in Omniverse, it loses all materials when imported into Sketchfab.

1 Like

Hi! What is the status of the Omniverse to Sketchfab import?

1 Like

Is there a method yet? Thanks.

Hi I will like to bump this topic. Is there any update? I’ve seen Sketchfab supporting .USDZ with USDPreviewSurface, it seems to work fine and import materials only for Apple curated models. But still not working if the USD is authored in Omniverse.

1 Like

SketchFab usd files have to be done with USDPreviewSurface so when you create a scene in Composer, make sure you use the same USDPreviewSurface shader.

1 Like

Do you know if we will ever have a Sketchfab plugin to export?

Sketchfab already fully works in Composer. You can either download your model manually as obj,fbx, and even now .usd. Or even easier you can use the built in SketchFab content browser inside of USD Composer. It is literally drag and drop.

1 Like